Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Hard to figure out what went wrong for Roger there. Towards the end of the Tsonga match, he wasn't nearly as into it as I would have expected and looked like he couldn't get out of cruise control. I still think he's capable of winning another major though.

And poor Murray. As if being around in the same era as two of the best players of all time wasn't bad enough, he's been completely surpassed by Djokovic this year as well. Sucks to be fourth in the world, it would seem. :/

We get the best of both worlds with Andy. If he wins, he's British and if he loses, he's Scottish. :shifty:

Generally speaking though, I'd say Murray is pretty popular here. Some folks find it irritating that he's far more aggressive and ruthless than Tim Henman (not to mention considerably less upper class), but most get behind him and expect him to win. For what it's worth, I myself am more a fan of Murray than I ever was of Henman.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Djokovic has some great endurance though if memory serves.  I just hope the camera cuts to his girlfriend a lot.  I remember a semifinal against Murray(maybe Australia 2012) he had and the camera kept cutting to her intense reactions and cheering.  Best tennis match I ever saw.  Jelena Ristic is her name.

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Michael* said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's been a strange old Roland Garros so far and a minefield for the seeds, with five players in both singles draws reaching the middle weekend despite having never won a match at a slam.

Can't be weirder than the US open was...  :chicken:

...right? :rofl: 

8 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Can't be weirder than the US open was...  :chicken:

...right? :rofl: 

The US was pretty strange too, it was fun to see a new champion crowned although in fairness, you can see why the current crop of players are struggling to overcome the old guard.

Still, yesterday's image of Djokovic serving from the dry half of the court to Galan in torrential rain (while they were midway through the process of shutting the roof) takes some beating. That will stay with me forever, I think. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Michael* said:

although in fairness, you can see why the current crop of players are struggling to overcome the old guard.

Yes, it was particularly evident during the final.

Zverev's match right now it's showing it as well... :ninja:

2 hours ago, Michael* said:

Still, yesterday's image of Djokovic serving from the dry half of the court to Galan in torrential rain (while they were midway through the process of shutting the roof) takes some beating. That will stay with me forever, I think. 

Quite the moment that was :rofl: