Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2005 (GENERAL THREAD)

Sam12

Even after 2 years, I can never get tired of watching this show :blush: The best models, best segments, great theme that tied everything together, great music and especially the inclusion of Tyra, Gisele and Heidi together besides other great models made this the best show!

I agree - it's my favorite of all the VSFSs so far. The toy segment, with KK opening it with the toy soldier outfit, is my absolute favorite segment of any show ever lol!

I also looove the slightly unusual opening of it, with the girls all standing in the gift box. And Gisele's opening walk is just - wow. Everyone looked amazing. :heart:

Sam12 - we agree yet again!

In all fairness, I have not yet seen the new show (roll on Monday...) But I'm getting the distinct impression it didn't go down too well with the cognoscenti! Correct me if I'm wrong.

2005 was great. I loved the opening as well, nothingless - and the ladies all looked so damn mean. Ana was at her glorious non-committal best (just a thought - maybe all the recent theatrics simply aren't to her liking. Can you see her as an 'Angel' and participating in 'Angel' shenanigans?) And it was my first introduction to Doutzen - and she looked bloody brilliant! All pouty insouciance, bombshell hair and caramel thighs...

The Russian segment was the perfect symbiosis between theme, music, and model. And Natasha losing her shoe was darling (I rather felt the following year's KK shoe 'catastrophe' was slightly contrived). And she looked phenomenally cute.

As, infact, did most of them. Even those I can't profess to like. The finale, with all the ladies together, was as enticing as working out which present to open first on Christmas day.

Actually that Christmas element was handled well, not overblown and overtly 'surreal' like this year's tree costume business. It had overtones in all the segments (the Russian babushka dolls, the toy soldiers, the wrapped up bows) and was sexy as opposed to gimmicky.

And this just could have been the best present ever:

post-11221-1197636305_thumb.jpg

:heart:

I could have done without Ricky Martin, though. But we can't have everything can we?

The outfits were so much better and Natasha was amazing as usual :drool:

1350200.jpg

1350197.jpg

When Seal and Heidi were not annoying, possibly the most beautiful and serene segment in the show!

1350156.jpg

:blush:

200052pl.jpg

PERFECTION! Dont point please and dont run on the catwalk next year :whistle:

vs_show002_thumb.jpg

Best opening or what :drool: !!!!!!!!!

vs_show006_thumb.jpg

COME BACK TYRA! VS needs you desperately!

natasha3yg.jpg

I thinQ that one of the reasons that VSFS 05 was one of the best, because they had a longer time to plan for the show, cuz of the situation in 04..

:)

more preparation time...

more time to edit and create a musiQal mix..

model seleQtion...

I thinQ that one of the reasons that VSFS 05 was one of the best, because they had a longer time to plan for the show, cuz of the situation in 04..

:)

more preparation time...

more time to edit and create a musiQal mix..

model seleQtion...

Thats crazy Q, you dont think 1 year is long enough for them to put on a good show??? :blink: The 2003 show is a runner up for me in the best show category and it only took them 1 year to make it come alive.

+