Bellazon

Football

goose

2 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Did you watch the Euros last summer? :chicken:

I've encountered their fans in Brazil & France.

I did. Haha, I remember there were problems but didn’t remember which nationality/nationalities were at fault :laugh:

What is your personal experience with them?

1 minute ago, Sanni said:

What is your personal experience with them?

Their fans were very nice in Rio.

Their fans in Marseille were mixed. The average Russian fan is nice, but their Ultras are violent assholes.

4 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Their fans were very nice in Rio.

Their fans in Marseille were mixed. The average Russian fan is nice, but their Ultras are violent assholes.

Did you attend the World Cup in Brazil? And Euro 2016 in France?

10 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Awesome! How were they? What games did you see? Do you try to make it a tradion to go?

They were amazing.

I do try to make it a tradition, but I'm not going to WC 18 or WC 22 or Euro 20. The reason for Euro 20 is that's be too spread out by it being a continental hosted tournament rather than 1 country hosting it.

World Cup 2014

Argentina x Bosnia and Herzegovina

Spain x Chile

Belguim x Russia

France x Ecuador

Euro 2016

England x Russia

France x Albania

Italy x Sweden

@Stromboli1

Thank you for the reply! Yes, it makes sense to make a vacation and a longer stay out of attending the tournament when travelling far so the games being spread out is inconvenient.

Is Qatar too far away and expensive or do you dislike the culture of the location?

13 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Is Qatar too far away and expensive or do you dislike the culture of the location?

I don't like how they won the right to host the World Cup by bribes. Even Russia is/was under scrutiny of bribes.

The summer World Cup tradition would be over as this World Cup would be held from mid November - mid December.

There are proven reports of the Qataris committing human rights violations using slave labor to build the infrastructure for the tournament.

I don't think it'll be safe for the players due to the temperatures as I think their cooling technology is bullshit.

I don't think the region is safe and stable enough for the fans.

All the shrieks in the press of "you'll be raped, robbed and pillaged if you go there and they don't even have roads" with regard to South Africa and Brazil proved to be wide of the mark, and I would expect this to be much the same. Russia has hosted multiple large-scale sporting events and to the best of my knowledge, there haven't been any major issues.

Whether they, or Qatar, are fit to be hosts from a moral standpoint is another discussion altogether, but if the system were honest enough to strip them now, they would never have been awarded it in the first place. It's taking hopes for ethical behaviour by FIFA far beyond the realms of real possibility.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:24 PM, Frederick said:

So Brucey plays a round of golf with John Terry so naturally good old Sky turn it into some nonsense, while in reality we continue to haggle over Glenn Whelan. And to think the Confederations Cup is still to come! :ridinghorse:

I wouldn't mind if JT decided to find himself a new club this summer, if only to keep him away from the old punditry game for a bit longer, although I'd certainly stop short of wishing him upon Aston Villa. I'd like to be able to say that we wouldn't be daft enough to take him either, but, well, you know.