Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

Eating healthily doesn't just mean putting a whole bunch of greens on your plate, yet no sweet/sugary or fat foods. It means you need to have all the essential foods with irons and vitamins and such, as well as having a healthy sized portion. Sure, no need to pile food into your plate, small meals are okay, but the way I see it a snack definitely isn't the same size as a meal, it's a small selection of food to carry us through to the next big meal so we don't get hungry. A 'snack' for most people is a bag of crisps, a choc bar/handful of biscuits (you guys call em cookies) or generally something unhealthy. Of course there are those who have healthy snacks, but mostly those who are fat overweight in the fist place aren't having those types of snacks.

Hey Dajana, where are you from? I ask because you said sweets, and it would seem all north Americans call sweets candy, and the only place I know where we call sweets sweets is England lol.

Well here is a suggestion, next time your mother or father go out shopping (I know this may seem impossible at first) but ask them not to buy crisps, sweets or any of that junk food that you usually snack on in between meals. It's hard to think about not having them, but when they're not there you aren't tempted by them and it becomes easier to live without them.

I'm from Serbia. I mean sweets like all sweet things.

I told my mum not to buy it and she bought me crisps. :cain:

It hard for me not to eat it cause I have younger brother who cannot live without it, so we always have a lot of junk food in house.

Hey guys thanks for all your tips!

Ive been drinking lots of water and dont eat after 6pm. I also eat healthy. I have fruits for snack and have plenty of vegetables. Ive noticed a difference in my clothes too. They are loose on me now! : )

I deceded not to eat sweets for few days. I'm dying for an ice-cream.

I'm hungry all the time and I ate bag of crisps yesterday.

I guess my diet is not going to work. :ninja:

Just don't cut out everything you're used to eating.

Diets work best when it's a transition - you slowly get yourself used to eating different things. And as you do, you can slowly learn to appreciate and enjoy more healthier snacks, to the point where you won't even crave the old favorites anymore.

And you can always still eat what you love - just not nearly as often.

Just don't cut out everything you're used to eating.

Diets work best when it's a transition - you slowly get yourself used to eating different things. And as you do, you can slowly learn to appreciate and enjoy more healthier snacks, to the point where you won't even crave the old favorites anymore.

And you can always still eat what you love - just not nearly as often.

I think the slow, and you can still eat the trashy food every once in a while approach doesn't really work if you're serious about losing weight. That's what they advertise on the TV here... they claim it will take a few weeks, and you can still eat all the trash you would normally eat. Well it doesn't happen like that. I am not saying be extreme and vigorous, but it's best to completely cut out the nice, but most weight gaining foods. Instead of cake, cookies or pudding for dessert; fruit or a yogurt. If you must snack, sandwiches with lettice and other green vegetables. Carrots.

Main meals should be a good size, and a healthy selection, but don't have seconds ect.

I know, this is just a test to see how long can I be without food I love. I have nice history of weight losts so I thing I know what my body needs, I just want to know how far can I go.

Btw I was running for half an hour today, I feel like I'm falling apart now. I need my shape back.

Btw I was running for half an hour today, I feel like I'm falling apart now.

Haha, tell me about it! I run out to the garage (which isn't attached to our house) and I am spent running there and back just getting dinner out.

I need to begin exercising again. I am far from fat or overweight, but I am definitely not fit, and need to get back into shape where I don't die doing a simple physical task.

I think the slow, and you can still eat the trashy food every once in a while approach doesn't really work if you're serious about losing weight. That's what they advertise on the TV here... they claim it will take a few weeks, and you can still eat all the trash you would normally eat. Well it doesn't happen like that.

Well.. In my experience, most people get so frustrated and annoyed with cutting out foods completely, that they relapse and ruin their "diet". People have an emotional, nostalgic, and psychological attachment to foods they love. Would you tell a smoker to go cold turkey? Sure, it works for some, but most need to gradually move themselves off of it over time. That's the most comfortable (albeit slower) way to create a truly permanent change, because you're not shocking your body or upsetting yourself. Baby steps are perfectly fine to lose weight and get healthy - it's no quick-fix miracle workout plan, but it'll still get you healthy, as long as you stick to it and gradually continue making progress.

Although, as a personal thing I don't believe you have to cut out foods entirely, ever, unless you're trying to be in peak physical condition, which is for a very small percent of the population. To just lose some pounds, I say slow and steady wins the race.

And frankly, most foods just aren't all that bad for you unless you have huge portions of them. You can indulge in a donut every so often without packing on extra pounds, as long as you have the restraint to enjoy that one, and not have any more for a while.

Besides.

You should never expect to lose weight while eating "all the trash you normally eat" because that means you're not changing the amounts you eat of it, or replacing any of it. Of course that won't work, because your diet is exactly the same, more or less. I'm not saying you can keep eating candy 20 times a week - I'm saying you can have a piece once a week, every two weeks, whatever (depending on just how healthy you wanna be), without ruining your body or your (still very much) healthier lifestyle.

People have an emotional, nostalgic, and psychological attachment to foods they love. Would you tell a smoker to go cold turkey? Sure, it works for some, but most need to gradually move themselves off of it over time.

Well perhaps for people who eat for comfort, and generally obese people who do have a strong psychological attachment, sure, but I think for the average person who just wants to lose a few because they're concerned about their weight, completely taking crisps, cake and chocolate out of their diet is no big loss, and would be far easier (because that food is less of an addiction, it's really just delicious and nice to eat).

To just lose some pounds, I say slow and steady wins the race.

Slow and steady is the only option though, even if you do cut everything out, you still need to exercise and even with that it's still going to take months to lose pounds.

Well, from my personal experience, gotta say...I think BEST works this combination:

diet ( that is not hungering, but eating healthy, often , little portions, lots of greens, veggies, fruits...)

sports

various cosmetic stuffs ( creams,lotions, gels for a smoother skin and body slimming and such)

I think all three give best results when being combined alltogether, may be not the fastest ones but it sure does work and helps to maintain new image too without the jojo effect.

Oh yeah....and....SEX !!!!!! lol :)

Well, from my personal experience, gotta say...I think BEST works this combination:

diet ( that is not hungering, but eating healthy, often , little portions, lots of greens, veggies, fruits...)

sports

various cosmetic stuffs ( creams,lotions, gels for a smoother skin and body slimming and such)

I think all three give best results when being combined alltogether, may be not the fastest ones but it sure does work and helps to maintain new image too without the jojo effect.

I agree with what you said. My mum's nutritionist said that you have to start slowly and then eventually you will eat healthier. Plus excercising is also important too. Lol, I really want to tone up my arms and my stomach!

Btw, do those "cosmetic stuff" actually work?

sports

I agree with what you said. My mum's nutritionist said that you have to start slowly and then eventually you will eat healthier. Plus excercising is also important too. Lol, I really want to tone up my arms and my stomach!

They work but in combination with sports and healthy eating. One shouldnt expect any great wonders from just cosmetic stuff alone , regardless whether its a mass stuff or not. Some DO make skin better tho, read: nicer and smoother- for instance.

Easy to say, but its damn tough to do, but its awesome to see the results. Plus, such results last even if you eat a huge piece of cake once or twice. If you still work out regularly and do these 3 things I mentioned, it aint a problem, IMO.I think people who like to eat ( like myself) but want to lose a few pounds, shouldnt really exclude sweets and such from their menus. Im for occasional indulging too but in good measures and with regular working out and all. If you always restrain yourself and skip on really enjoying the food you like then you might end up pigging out one day.

lol And while im at it - actually measuring yourself and see if you fit in the clothes you want to fit in plays a more important role then just weighting yourself every day. Fat weights less then muscles right ?

lol And while im at it - actually measuring yourself and see if you fit in the clothes you want to fit in plays a more important role then just weighting yourself every day. Fat weights less then muscles right ?

Yes, it is true muscle does way more than fat. And on the subject of measuring yourself to see if you actually fit your clothes, I hate being thin lol.. especially for a guy. I'm not like weedy and pathetic, but I have these pair of jeans which are like the smallest size around the waist and I found I can just pull them down without undoing the button or anything + usually shops don't sell jeans in my size.

Before I started to write I drank a big glas of water.

I bought the book : Neris and India´s Idiot-Proof diet from India Knight and Neris Thomas ( in Germam : Das Speck- weg programm )

I started 2 weeks ago and I am loosing weight without being hungry. At the moment I am aloud to eat only protein, fat and vegetables and salad. I love salad so it´s not a problem. I have to drink a lot of water I go for long walks now, but as soon as my bike is repaired I will cycle a lot.

sports

They work but in combination with sports and healthy eating. One shouldnt expect any great wonders from just cosmetic stuff alone , regardless whether its a mass stuff or not. Some DO make skin better tho, read: nicer and smoother- for instance.

Easy to say, but its damn tough to do, but its awesome to see the results. Plus, such results last even if you eat a huge piece of cake once or twice. If you still work out regularly and do these 3 things I mentioned, it aint a problem, IMO.I think people who like to eat ( like myself) but want to lose a few pounds, shouldnt really exclude sweets and such from their menus. Im for occasional indulging too but in good measures and with regular working out and all. If you always restrain yourself and skip on really enjoying the food you like then you might end up pigging out one day.

I have been trying to eat healthy and I sort of noticed that I have lost a couple of pounds. Lol, its so hard to get yourself to excercise!! I shall start doing my crunches and press-ups again soon just to shape up! Thanks for the advice, it was really helpful :)

Yes, it is true muscle does way more than fat. And on the subject of measuring yourself to see if you actually fit your clothes, I hate being thin lol.. especially for a guy. I'm not like weedy and pathetic, but I have these pair of jeans which are like the smallest size around the waist and I found I can just pull them down without undoing the button or anything + usually shops don't sell jeans in my size.

Well you cant hate yourself for being thin, its nature. Im sure youre a great person regardless of the way you look.

sports

I have been trying to eat healthy and I sort of noticed that I have lost a couple of pounds. Lol, its so hard to get yourself to excercise!! I shall start doing my crunches and press-ups again soon just to shape up! Thanks for the advice, it was really helpful :)

Im happy I could be of help. Believe me I do 'mistakes too' like eating a couple of ice-cream cones and all *blush* and I soooo know how hard it is to actually make yourself to go and exercise but I also know how damn good it feels after I kicked some butt :)

Well you cant hate yourself for being thin, its nature. Im sure youre a great person regardless of the way you look.

lolwtf? I don't 'hate' myself for being thin. Far from it. I just hate having a small frame/body, is all. Perhaps 'hate' is a rather strong word. As Giorgio Armani once said: "Accept the hand you have been dealt and make the best of it." I really don't care about it all that much though, it's just an annoyance when buying jeans and other trousers. I just have to search around that bit more.

Oh, and I meant to spell way, weigh. *Slaps self