Bellazon

The Beatles
Thumbnail

Passion

I`m either blind, or I couldn`t find a Beatles thread..which makes me wonder, why don`t we have one!?

Everyone loves The Beatles. They are considered to be the best band ever..and they probably are. They changed and affected music so much.

Simply put, The Beatles pwn.

Some of my favorites:

1. All My Loving

2. A Day In The Life

3. Come Together

4. Hey Jude

5. I Want To Hold Your Hand

6. Yesterday

7. Norwegian Wood(This Bird Has Flown)

8. Fool On The Hill

9. Twist and Shout

10. Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds

Yay! What a thread. But don't focus too much on the Lennon business, Beatles stopped ten years before he died, and they are legends because they stopped in time, before a bunch of second rate albums. Favourite songs? A different top ten for different moods. But... well... a handful of songs on Sgt. Pepper, all of side 2 of Abbey Road (plus some of side 1), some from The White Album, Revolver and Rubber Soul. And Hey Jude and Help and Yesterday and She Loves You and Strawberry Fields...

(this is all my opinion lol)

as Much as i love the beatles i really think they were responsible for lowering the standerds of music. their simple pop songs pretty much whipped out jazz and all the music people used to listen to. People started to appreciate this "simple 3 chord music" and stopped listening jazz. The beatles even affected todays music... still not much has changed from the beatles if u look at it. i talk to people to day and say, good charlotte or some other crappy band today has outstanding musicans in them.... im not saying music has to be talented to be good, hell i listen to bob dylan , and the beatles. its just if u look what they started... it was almost liek a monster that still lives today

All in all the beatles are a huge legend that will live forever in music

Ps. i do like the beatles

Yessssss! I love the Beatles.  Mainly the later stuff when they got more experimental since most of the early is kind of samey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great avatar to go with that comment :)

And yes, it's hard to believe that there is such a short time span from Love Me Do (1962) to Norwegian Wood (1965). And then it got exciting.

Mainly the later stuff when they got more experimental since most of the early is kind of samey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. The music got more exciting and better later on.

BTW I said this in another thread, but great avatar!

(this is all my opinion lol)

as Much as i love the beatles i really think they were responsible for lowering the standerds of music. their simple pop songs pretty much whipped out jazz and all the music people used to listen to. People started to appreciate this "simple 3 chord music" and stopped listening jazz. The beatles even affected todays music... still not much has changed from the beatles if u look at it.  i talk to people to day and say, good charlotte or some other crappy band today has outstanding musicans in them.... im not saying music has to be talented to be good, hell i listen to bob dylan , and the beatles. its just if u look what they started... it was almost liek a monster that still lives today

All in all the beatles are a huge legend that will live forever in music

Ps. i do like the beatles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm..alright..but i don`t think the Beatles scarred music.

Hoqever, Anyone can tell you that The Beatles changed music forever..and are probably the most spoken of and memorable band ever. Most of the bands/artists now a days say that they look up to the Beatles. Probably every single musician has been influenced by them. I think they inspired other bands to try out and experiment more with the different stuff in the studio.

Ok now I`m just blabbing..but simply put, no other band has influenced music and other musical artists like The Beatles.

i do agree, they inspired more bands then probally any other band... still i think it got society into accepting this 3 chord crap. Good Charlotte, or ne pop punk band, or ne punk in genral.... how do people listen to it, its so meaning less, so boring, so bah.... im sorry but i think the beatles did scar music

PS i do still like the beatles lol

Ummm, the three chords blues standard is much older than The Beatles - Elvis didn't really rely on The Beatles. I'm pretty sure Miles Davis has done tracks with three chords. The whole folk scene preferred two chords songs - or "three chords and the truth"...

If anything Beatles raised the standards of pop music. It's not like people of today would be listening to 20 minutes trumpet improvisations and twelve-note symphonic music if Beatles hadn't corrupted their taste...

blues is yes a 1-4-5 progession lol yes 3 chords, but it involved soul , spirited solos, and yes miles improvs over 3 chords in a tunes A section . but thats when music actually ment more then just, "WORDS" or "lyrics" because apparently people cant relate to music without words, when really, all people talk about is their harsh break ups and skateboarding, im sorry but Miles solos r much more inspiring and indeed ment more then ne beatles tune....

Ps ill keep saying i like the beatles lol..

• 2 weeks later...

He had just discovered that the so-called moon landing was something JFK (who wasn't really dead) had staged in Area 51, and before he could write songs about it, CIA made Fidel Castro assasinate him. And this is not just another conspiracy theory.

• 3 weeks later...