Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I think Heidi is a good model, but is not fair that she ALWAYS gets the best wings, all the attention, all the press, she's always everywhere ... I think that the other Angels deserves more attention, that's it.

Then the "other Angels" need to expand their careers in areas other than Victoria's Secret. I don't even like Heidi, but I agree with Kevork89 that all of this whining about the attention that Heidi is getting is ridiculous.

She overshadows the other angels because she's the only one who has a career outside of Victoria's Secret and has mainstream commercial success. The other angels (and the fans as well) can't rely on Victoria's Secret to turn them into superstar household names. Getting a VS contract used to do that for you, but it doesn't work that way anymore. The angel tag can either enhance your career or it can stall it. It enhanced Heidi's career, and she made the most of it. She is the one that the general public knows. That's why she's gets a lot of attention - because she's worked hard for it and earned it. She has become a celebrity and media personality, and quite frankly, that's what VS needs. They're keeping her around for a reason. When it comes to the angels, it's Heidi and the Seven Dwarfs. The other angels have not put a lot of effort into expanding their careers beyond Victoria's Secret the way Heidi has. You can't blame her for the other angels' laziness.

If you want the others to get more attention, then they need to get out there and do something to earn it.

Uhmm ... i don't think Heidi works as hard as the others Angels do. I mean, she doesn't do all the things that the others Angels usually do! But well, i think they give her that special attention just because she is an Old Angel & they think they're doing the right thing w/her :ninja: :laugh:

& yep, she's a very good model, i couldn't deny that.

doesn't do all the things that the others Angels usually do!

Um, that's not my point. Heidi isn't on every other page in the catalogues anymore, but she doesn't have to be. She still has her make-up lines with them, and she's still "HEIDI KLUM" at the fashion shows. She's built a great career for herself away from Victoria's Secret - something that the other angels haven't done. That's why Heidi is the most famous of the angels, and that's why she's getting a lot of attention. Even though she doesn't do as much catalogue work anymore, she's still getting a lot of attention. That says a lot about the name she's built for herself. She hasn't limited herself to just doing VS catalogues and the random magazine editorial.

At this point, Heidi doesn't need VS anymore. You could say that this means she needs to step aside, but why should she? She's doing quite all right as it is, and she'll be fine after she leaves the company. In a time where magazine covers are going to celebrities instead of models, Heidi did the wise thing and became a celebrity who models on the side. Smart woman.

On a not-so-related note, I hope Karolina leaves. I think she'll be better for it. Signing with VS stalled her career, and she's been rendered into a one-dimensional panty pusher. She actually had high fashion credibility, and it went to hell in a handbasket the minute she signed with them. It sucks to see that she ended up in the trap.

{Edited - I took a line or two out because it was kind of harsh, and I was on the verge of baiting. It had more to do with comments at TFS than here anyway.}

Edited by Tori

Uhmm ... i don't think Heidi works as hard as the others Angels do. I mean, she doesn't do all the things that the others Angels usually do! But well, i think they give her that special attention just because she is an Old Angel & they think they're doing the right thing w/her :ninja: :laugh:

I would love Heidi to leave VS. Mainly because she hogs the limelight, her body ( I KNOW she's had three kids, but look at Isabeli!) is not great, she gets best outfits (that red one could've looked AMAZING on Adri or Iza), wings, most press etc.

But i'm kinda worried that if she leaves VS, the press might not give them as much attention. I they are trying to make Dri a celebrity :ninja:

I think KK should also leave as well :whistle: , i prefer her in HF rather than VS. It just suits her more *shrugs*

I'll probably get used to Doutzen being an angel, though I'll miss her on the runway :)

rockTheSky: If you only knew what kind of things they usually do as Angels, you'd be able to understand what i was talking about. But i think you don't know a damn thing!

BTW, It's my opinion, and i can say whatever i want to :)

I would love Heidi to leave VS. Mainly because she hogs the limelight, her body ( I KNOW she's had three kids, but look at Isabeli!) is not great, she gets best outfits (that red one could've looked AMAZING on Adri or Iza), wings, most press etc.

But i'm kinda worried that if she leaves VS, the press might not give them as much attention. I they are trying to make Dri a celebrity :ninja:

I think KK should also leave as well :whistle: , i prefer her in HF rather than VS. It just suits her more *shrugs*

I'll probably get used to Doutzen being an angel, though I'll miss her on the runway :)