Bellazon

General Discussion

Nefertiti

VSFS 1998 General Discussion :)

wow, so many great supermodels wore that show! I have to notice that back in 1997. obviously the show was focused on lingerie and clothes, and not like now when everything is focused on the publicity and models.

Edited by PinkCouture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
wow, so many great supermodels wore that show! I have to notice that back in 1997. obviously the show was focused on lingerie and clothes, and not like now when everything is focused on the publicity and models.

I agree it looks like back then that they seem to focus more on the lingerie and the other intimate wear back then, now VS spends more time putting together these big huge sets and runways shows than they do with the underwear now. Everything is driven on publicity now, so every year they want a bigger and better show than last year. I thought that 2008's show was one of the worst imho, mostly because of the music and some of the outfits looked a tad bit on a tight budget too not all of them though, it didn't have the same feel and excitement as the past few shows had for me. I wonder when did VS stop making a show for the actually lingerie they were selling and started making the costume style outfits they have in today's shows? I guess the catalogs are only to show off the clothes/swimwear and lingerie while the show is just for fun and has nothing to do with the wearable lingerie and swimwear.

I wonder when did VS stop making a show for the actually lingerie they were selling and started making the costume style outfits they have in today's shows?

The change occurred when they started airing it on television. That's when it became more than just a fashion show. (Y)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Christie Brinkley

Claudia Schiffer

Daniela Pestova

Elsa Benítez

Esther Canadas

Frederique Van Der Wal

Georgianna Robertson

Heidi Klum

Helena Christensen

Ingrid Seynhaeve

Karen Mulder

Laetitia Casta

Naomi Campbell

Rebecca Romijn

Stephanie Seymour

Tyra Banks

Vendela Kirsebom

Christie Brinkley has walked that year's show? By that time she was 42 and still looked kinda great! :chicken:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...