Bellazon

Photoshop Tutorials

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Heidegger, hope you don't mind. I'm changing this topic to Photoshop tutorials. And I think it would be a good idea if we had this one thread to post good photoshop tutorials, to ask for help on how to do things, and to offer tips on how to do stuff because lots of people tend to ask :)

ok so Elizabeth was asking how I add that color tint to the siggies I make.

First, double click on the layer whose color you want to change. As you can see there's a layers palette on the right, and I've already changed the main background to an actual layer so that I can edit it if I so choose. (that's not important for this trick tho). So anyway I double click on the Adriana Lima layer entitled Layer 1.

post-1254-1128200389_thumb.jpg

When I double click, a new window pops up: Blending Options.

post-1254-1128200496_thumb.jpg

Click on Color Overlay, you should see the following:

post-1254-1128200538_thumb.jpg

Now you probably don't want your entire avatar to be red like that. So you have to adjust the opacity and change it to the color you want. In this particular example I changed the color first, so that's how I'll show you. Click on the red rectangle and change the color by clicking on any part of the color spectrum. You will also see a verticle bar, with different shades of that color you clicked on in the big square. You may further adjuct the color to your liking on that vertical bar.

post-1254-1128200690_thumb.jpg

Now that we have the color we want, lets adjust the opacity so that the picture is tinted rather than colored over completely. Do this by adjusting the percent for opacity. Once you have it to your liking, click ok and voila! you have a tinted picture :)

post-1254-1128200749_thumb.jpg

You can easily switch the order of these last 2 steps, as you may want to figure out the opacity first, and then the color ;)

OS, personaly I think the creating a new layer,then just filling the whole layer with red (and crank down opacity) is a lot easier not to mention more fine grain control that way you can highlight just say her dress and leave rest of pic black n white. Thats just my humble opinion :p

OS, personaly I think the creating a new layer,then just filling the whole layer with red (and crank down opacity) is a lot easier not to mention more fine grain control that way you can highlight just say her dress and leave rest of pic black n white. Thats just my humble opinion :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i actually have done that as well, depends on my mood and what i'm trying to accomplish.

and omg....you had to comment about it too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was already in the conversation just in case you missed that...maddog's post was a direct response to mine. i therefore responded to what he said. i know this is hard to follow and there's a good chance you're going to miss my point entirely but if you read it a couple of times perhaps you will get it.

mine was in response to maddogs...i clearly didnt understand a word in his post and i put in my input on how i add color to an avi and fade the color...and it ended up being the samething maddog said....if you didnt realize....this is a open forum....people are free to post where ever they want.

mine was in response to maddogs...i clearly didnt understand a word in his post and i put in my input on how i add color to an avi and fade the color...and it ended up being the samething maddog said....if you didnt realize....this is a open forum....people are free to post where ever they want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i'm sure this

I think the creating a new layer,then just filling the whole layer with red (and crank down opacity) is a lot easier

is really difficult to understand

especially when your response of this

i just layer it with a solid color of my choice and fade the opacity

is almost identical.

and i didnt say you werent free to post wherever you wanted. after all you are an admin and can do whatever the hell you want.