Bellazon

Architecture

hey reeyo!! im glad you like it too.. that bookshelf blew my mind!!!!!

its funny how i can just look at this stuff and it clears out my brain

perhaps i should study architecture, get a degree and build some shit of my own, eh?? :rofl:

nah, itd never work...i have to use my fingers when i add numbers together :wacko: lolololololololol

ill just go on admiring...though in sublte ways im going minimalistic.

the first step is the dreaded.......STORAGE +shudders+ lolol

I've been to Barcelona with my school class a few years ago. There you find Gaudi buildings everywhere. The most famous one is probably the Sagrada Familia.

First pic is from the i-net, the other ones were taken by me :hehe:

post-17428-0-1446156133-43655_thumb.jpg

post-17428-1243179232_thumb.jpg

post-17428-1243179247_thumb.jpg

post-17428-1243179304_thumb.jpg

post-17428-1243179337_thumb.jpg

post-17428-1243179355_thumb.jpg

Great thread idea, my dear penny! :thumbsup:

And some of those houses are just stunning. Would that I had the kind of money to commission my own abode...

Now, I may be biased I know, but I do so love the architecture of my own fair winded city. I appreciate what you said about 'cluttered minds' - and the calmness such places of tranquility can do for this. But Buenos Aires is a big, sprawling, noisy, polluted, chaotic city; and I adore it!

It does, in it's own way, have the 'clean lines' you like. The Capital Federal (where I live) is pretty much based on Paris, with Haussmann (another fine Baron! :gocho: ) inspired avenues, and tree-lined boulevards from the 1850's. The buildings are a melange of Neoclassical and Art Nouveau styles. If only you could look up and appreciate them more from street-level without having to worry about the dog shit and gaping holes in the pavement!

But I wanted to post some pictures from the Abasto barrio. It's about 20 minutes from my own apartment, and is where the famous tango singer Carlos Gardel was born. As such they've taken the initiative to preserve the streets around there in the old fileteado style of the beginning of the 20th century. It's an ornamental design of flowers, lines and plants. I love walking around there as it's so colourful:

post-11221-0-1446156135-05326_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446156135-07385_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446156135-13463_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446156135-15599_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446156135-18304_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446156135-20153_thumb.jpg

There's a throwback to that style on the local buses, which still have the different colour schemes and styles, as opposed to numbers to know which one to catch! (Though that's the only good thing about them - otherwise they speed around the city bellowing black smoke and not stopping at red lights):

post-11221-0-1446156135-23435_thumb.png

post-11221-0-1446156135-24261_thumb.jpg

oh i like the bookshelf/stairwell thing too!! I also liked that building in the forest

this is not really cool or anything but kind of pretty. My friend just got married in this chapel. I thought it was beautiful. It's located at the top of this really steep hill and I think it was built in 1936-37. picture doesn't do it justice though <_<

Frost Chapel

post-11622-0-1446156136-41052_thumb.jpg

Very beautiful pics everyone. :) Notre Dame in Paris is unbelievably gorgeous to me. :wub: Each time I see it in person I actually cry cause I'm always so overcome with it's beauty.Seeing it near to sunset is indescribable. :wub:
^Sure looks beautiful there! I went to Paris a few years ago - but Notre Dame was being restored and was covered in scaffolding... :pinch:

i am so freaking thrilled all of you guys responded.. i truly thought it would be me posting to/for myself like in the beginnings of the unique and strange pic thread :blush:

and all of the pics posted are AMAZING

all of the churches.... Barons 'city of good air'

im so excited!! :chicken: :chicken:

ive been collecting some more stuff.....

the exterior of an amazing new house i saw on dwell.com

post-16964-0-1446156143-73195_thumb.jpg

and some interior shots

post-16964-0-1446156143-74715_thumb.jpg

the bedroom :o :wub:

post-16964-0-1446156143-76546_thumb.jpg

i love this one.. so clever.. the metal... i dont know what to call it....shell? i just looked it up in the article and they call it a 'shading structure' lolol

and all the siding used on the house keep the temp at 70 degrees even in the depths of a desert summer

with no money spent on electricity :hehe:

post-16964-0-1446156145-05825_thumb.jpg

post-16964-0-1446156145-07754_thumb.jpg

even I would consider living in the hot,insect filled, chock full o' reptillian desert for a dwelling

this freaking cool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, I really need to bring this thread back to life, it's awesome!! :chicken:

I see I'm not the only one who LOVED this staircase/bookshelf thing. It's so awesome!

Some time ago, there was a list of the most interesting/crazy buildings in the world, made by some American architecture magazine... guess what won? Obviously, Poland :shifty: haha, to be more specific, a building in Sopot (the city which is known from music festivals-worse with every year, but I won't say more; it's situated by the sea :wub: ) called "Krzywy dom". I guess people who see it for the first time should not be drunk, cause otherwise... :laugh:

Here it is:

krzywydomfront1.jpg

I think the building at #2 was a library that is in US, and it looks like the building is upside down? Unfortunately, I don't have pics of it, and can't find the link where I read about it :pinch:

^^^ that is freaking cool!!!!! :wub:

im feeling slightly tipsy just looking at it!!!!!

i actually forgot about this thread until i saw you had brought it back from the deep, dark depths of thread obscurity.

ive decided that tomorrow is my internet day.. im gonna be glued to this idiot box!!! woooohooo

ill find some more goodies for the thread..

thanks for the amazing building, darling layla :hug: