Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

VS will cancel the fashion show because Adriana is pregnant, just as last year was going to be the "Adriana's Tenth Anniversary Show," just as VS will surely be sold off the day Adriana retires as an Angel. :cain: (And just as having a meeting on the show means it's not happening.)

I'm not saying that, but with Adriana and Heidi being the biggest names they market the fashion show with, plus the economy it's a big possibility. They really don't have many big names to publicize to pull in the public, and they were barley able to pay for last year's show.

But like I said Heidi and Adriana are due in the fall, so I'm sure they'll be around...I actually believe it's part of their contract.

Yes, normally a meeting wouldn't be anything, but it sounds as if it's one of the first meetings and if it is, chances are there is no show, considering we usually hear location in March and outfits usually have already begun. So they have a lot working against them....no real "star" angels, no big names to pull in ratings (when their ratings are already lowering) with Gisele gone, Heidi possibly not in shape and as the same for Dri they really have no names to rely on.

I'm willing to bet money they'll end up doing a tour, the economy is what convinces me more than anything and the fact they struggled last year to put on the show and went way over budget with it. At least that's what the contacts I have say about the show last year, and they have a pretty good idea.

All we can do is wait. By just saying "a meeting", all we find out is that VS has meetings in NYC. IMO we may be reading too much into it. I kinda feel that they may postpone the show this year, but we can't be sure yet. Let's just sit back and see. Perhaps the meeting was that they were having it one place, but they couldn't accomodate, so they have to change. Or maybe they are still short a segment. Or perhaps they were just factoring the pricing of some of this stuff since the economy is bad. Or maybe they were just having a meeting to pat each other on the back. We don't know. No one ever said, "VS NEVER has meetings about the show in June." We can't be sure. They have meetings the nigth and week before the show and no noe ever says "why would they have a meeting. OMG they are gonna cancel." I personally think its too soon to tell either way.

-I do have a sneaky suspicion of a tour this year ... but the evidence we have thus far isn't conclusive.

I have come up with a brillant plan! Okay if there there is or even isn't a show for this year. I have plan for 2010! They should let fans sumbit ideas for segments, like what the girl wear and music etc. And Joe is right we can't read to much into it and be Debbie Downers! If there is a tour there's a tour, the show must go on, in a different way of course.

VS will cancel the fashion show because Adriana is pregnant, just as last year was going to be the "Adriana's Tenth Anniversary Show," just as VS will surely be sold off the day Adriana retires as an Angel. :cain: (And just as having a meeting on the show means it's not happening.)
^ :laugh:

I know, it's quite amazing how fashion shows evolved at all before she appeared. Apparently three wise VS executives once followed a star to Brazil, or something like that... :ermm:

I would guess that if there is no show this year it will be down to economic pressure. The show managed to 'survive' without Tyra, and then Gisele - arguably two far bigger names. Plus - whether pregnant, or having just given birth - I doubt such trifling matters would stop The Kluminator making some sort of showboating appearance.

I think that if they cancel the show, regardless of whether or not they do a tour, it will come down to economics and return on their investment. Adriana may be one of their more seasoned Angels, but except for the modelling world, she is not so well known. Remember, this show would most likely be broadcast ( in HD, thankfully!!) to the public, and other than a VS storefront, where else would John Q Public see Adri? And, if any talking is involved (say, like a backstage video where the camera follows an Angel during the show) you definitely don't want either her or Alessandra. No, I think IF they are going to do a show, they're going to have to hitch their wagon to Heidi (proven, but can she be ready?) or Marisa. Marisa would be great for this because the public knows her well, she is articulate and represents the brand very well, and she rocks any outfit they hang on her! She needs to work on her runway walking some, but she can do it. Then, surround her with the usual assortment of VS models, bring in a few hired gun models (Marina, Liya, Angela. al) all set in a great location, and you've got the makings of a show. I think it is a question of whether VS sees any increase in sales or market share from doing it.

Adriana may be one of their more seasoned Angels, but except for the modelling world, she is not so well known. Remember, this show would most likely be broadcast ( in HD, thankfully!!) to the public, and other than a VS storefront, where else would John Q Public see Adri? And, if any talking is involved (say, like a backstage video where the camera follows an Angel during the show) you definitely don't want either her or Alessandra.

Cue the Adriana fans in 5... 4... 3... 2... LOL...

I agree with the part you wrote about Adriana, not necessarily the part about Marisa. I don't think she's anymore "famous" than Adriana - but fame is relative when it comes to both of them. Heidi is the only one that's a household name. Until she hangs up her wings, it's going to be "The Heidi Show."

I think that if they cancel the show, regardless of whether or not they do a tour, it will come down to economics and return on their investment

Exactly. The overall quality of the show (and the catalogues for that matter) has continued to go down over the years. The "sexy and sophisticated" show has turned into a circus and constantly changing cities (along with the unnecessary antics from the models on the runway) adds to that travelling circus-like atmosphere.

Well they went way way way over budget last year...so much that they weren't sure if they'd be able to recover. So I'm almost 100% sure there won't be a show...a tour would be much more economical and better for everyone involved.

Haha,Tori! I can just see all the Adri fans right now...LOL! I do like Adri a great deal, and she's stunning, but in the corporate world it's all about the bottom line, and I just don't see what she and Ale do for it. In fact, I'd bet that if you put Megan Fox on a runway with some VS lingerie on, it would generate more sales in a year than anything Adri or Ale have ever done. ( Are you listening, VS?) It's really about reaching out to large numbers of potential buyers. In VS's stable of thoroughbreds, only Heidi and Marisa can do that. Heidi's almost a household name what with all she's involved in. But, don't sell Marisa short. Obviously, SI covers are huge, and she's got one, but she is VERY popular on Fox Sports having won their Best Damn Sports Show Period award twice against a lot of Hollywood hotties. And then there are her Harley ads....yeah, she's well known, to a broad audience. That is exactly what VS needs, and did I mention she can speak fluent AMERICAN? She's very credible on all those talk shows ( Carson Daly, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel )she's been on too.

Anyone who thinks VS pays seriously big money to put these models on their payroll, so that they can exist for the sole purpose of entertaining us is deluding themselves. If a show loses money for the company, sooner or later it's going to end. In the current economy, it's just going to happen sooner. It doesn't matter who comes back from pregnancy or not if the money's not there. I'm not privvy to any of VS's corporate actuarial statistics or their P&L statements, but I'd be studying them heavily to see which Angels make fiscal sense and which ones don't. Then , after you've got the right team, decide if you're going to do a show or a tour, or nothing at all.

That is exactly what VS needs, and did I mention she can speak fluent AMERICAN?

Dude, I thought she spoke English. LOL.

Using someone like Megan Fox - no. Under no circumstances. VS is one of those last bastions for models. I don't want to see some random tart of the moment in the catalogues. It's bad enough that they are using a bunch of other models more than the angels in the catalogues. If they started using actresses and singers, then I will be taking my name off of the mailing list.

If a show loses money for the company, sooner or later it's going to end. In the current economy, it's just going to happen sooner. It doesn't matter who comes back from pregnancy or not if the money's not there.

I think this is what I think most people agree with. It's all going to come down to economics. There were just a few other people trying to make it seem like Adriana's pregnancy (and the chance that she and Heidi might not be in shape in time) would be a big motivating factor not to do the show. If they're going to do a show, then there will be one if she's there or if she's not there.

Of course, Tori, she speaks English! So do the others, but you can barely understand them. Marisa, on the other hand is comprehendible for the average American. I'm just kidding about Megan Fox, as well. I, too, prefer to see professional models plying their craft on the runway. As you mentioned, VS doesn't seem to be using many Angels anymore, and has resorted to other models for their catalogs and shows. Maybe they realize that the Angels don't really sell any more product than other models they can contract on a per-job basis. I think it is an, "image" thing for VS to have big name models on the payroll. But it is really for consumers in the industry. The rest of the public could care less if the model in the window is a famous name or not. As long as the model evokes the image VS wants us to get about its products, she'll do just fine. And, by the way, VS will MAKE her famous.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i think so too

i didnt know adriana was prego too?!!

hmmm, i wonder what VS plans to do to fill those gaps (heidi and adriana)

i hope they throw in some big names in there(GEMMA, DARIA & NATALIA!!!) or throw in the asian and red head combo to casting to keep some intrest for those who arent as big of fans as we are...i dont know about you all but bring in some big names instead of putting on an uninspirational tacky production like 07

have you guys seen ali micheal's wallpaper cover? shes convincing me she can do VS faster than we thought....DONT SLEEP ON HER YET VS!

you guys im stuck on concepts...i kinda ran out of ideas...anyone think of anything at all?

i want candice back to a dirty blonde...i really think she looked her best in 07

i was on imgmodels.com and i ran into bianca balti's portfolio, she needs to come back...and jeisa too...

as far as a list goes im really lost at this point....last year had some great suprises..but im dieing to see my favorites do a comeback....so this is what im

looking at...

first of all....WHO THE HELL ARE THE ANGELS...IS KK OUT? IS MANU IN? someone help!! thi s of course will change...no doubt.. :blush:

1 erin heatherton

2 emmanuel de paula

3 lara stone

4 bianca balti

5 morgane dubled

6 jeisa chimminazo

7 raquel zimmerman

8 candice swanepole

9 flavia de olivera

10 julia stegner

11 abbey lee

12 inguna butane

13 heloise guiren

14 du juan

15 cinita dicker

16 ana biatrize barros

17 bihati prinsloo

18 magdalena frowiake

19 maryna linchuk

20 lindsay ellingson

21 zuzana gregorova

22 ana jagodinska

23 carmen kass

KK is no longer an angel, but I think she still has a catalog contract with them. As for Selita, I'm not sure, but I think she is because she's the face of a new fragrance VS is coming out with. Emanuela seems to be on her way and I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced her as one for this VSFS. Just to confirm though. Adriana will not be a part of this year's VSFS. Unless they have her host or something. Heidi isn't even sure if she'll be able to make it herself, but she probably will.

Arrggg I want so many to come back and so many to start! Where shall I begin:

Comeback (after absence):

Bianca Balti

Eugenia Volodina

Michaela Kocianova

Raquel Zimmermann

Jeisa Chiminazzo

Caroline Trentini

Marija Vujovic

Comeback (return):

Flavia de Oliveira

Edita Vilkeviciute

Maryna Linchuk

Arlenis Sosa

Carmen Kass

Lara Stone

Inguna Butane

Julia Stegner

Caroline Winberg

Anne Vyalistyna

Start:

Chanel Iman

Anna Jagodzinska

Catherine McNeil

Toni Garrn (maybe not now, but later)

Ali Stephens (same with Toni)

Ali Michael (same with Toni and other Ali)

Du Juan

Polina Kouklina-wherever she is

Valentina Zelyaeva

Katarina Ivanovska

MAYBE Marina Perez

MAYBE Gemma Ward-doubt she'll start modeling again

MAYBE Daria Werbowy-she's not exactly my cup of tea in general

MAYBE Kasia Struss-just love her for some reason

and a lot more that I'll remember later ;)

Thanx Savana :wave:

see what i mean, i forgot about anne v. she'd be great to have back and kaisa would be great too...

sheila marques would be good, imo, resembles andi a little but who knows..she might suprise us

what about sasha guys...is she too harsh looking? with the right shade of blonde she'd be interesting....i dont like her with that bleach blonde look..

oh, and arlenis....only with a better weave..that shit looked horrible...her makeup was great though...

shannon click LOOKED great but acted dumb as hell...i want her back but only if she calms the hell down <_<

has anyone seen that back of the recent VS cataloge with chanel iman in her draws...hmmmmm can she be in this years show?

(before anyone gets on me i am well aware that just because you do a shoot doesnt make you a shoe in for the show)

but she would be great, a little skinny, but she'd do great i bet...great walker...long legs...

another flavia perhaps...(rail thin but nice little apple bottom with great legs and face)

speaking of cataloge...selita is in there with a new shoulder lenght hair cut, its light brow too...she looks good...hope she keeps it...

that would be my model-cast for the 2009 victoria's secret fashion show:

1. Adriana Lima (although I know she won't make it :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: )

2. Alessandra Ambrosio

3. Alex Bardenfleth

4. Alexandra Tomlinson

5. Ali Michael

6. Anja Rubik

7. Anna Wang

8. Bar Refaeli

9. Behati Prinsloo

10. Candice Swanepoel

11. Darla Baker

12. Doutzen Kroes

13. Drielle Valeretto

14. Elyse Taylor

15. Emanuela de Paula

16. Esti Ginzburg

17. Fernanda Motta

18. Janeta Samp

19. Julia Ivanyuk

20. Kasia Kniola

21. Lakshmi Menon

22. Malaika Holmen

23. Maryna Linchuk

24. Miranda Kerr

25. Mo Wandan

26. Nataniele Ribiero

27. Nell Robinson

28. Rianne ten Haken

29. Sheila Marquez

30. Sveta Utkina

31. Tetyana Piskun

32. Toni Garrn

if there is a show this year. who would you like to see in the show?

I would like to see...

Doutzen Kroes

Rosie Huntington Whiteley

Ana Beatriz Barros

Emanuela de Paula

Miranda Kerr

Arlenis Sosa Pena

new people

Julie Ordon

Esti Ginzburg

Nataniele Ribeiro

Bar Refaeli