Jump to content
monika

Skin Care

Recommended Posts

CandleVixen    0
12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

 

or salt & pepper :hang:

 

I'm been graying since I was maybe 12 or so.  I have the look of a 25 year old but the hair color of a 45 year old lol.

Or, quite distinguished. :yes:

I'm 50 and the grays are just starting to be visible.  They started coming in about 25 years ago. I wish I could go more salt than pepper like my paternal grandmother. She had gorgeous silver hair. 
I think I'm going to be like my maternal grandmother, she barely had a gray hair on her head when she died. My mother was a decent half and half mix. 

I am deviating from the topic.  

What's y'all's favorite skin care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0
On 8/5/2017 at 10:32 PM, CandleVixen said:

Or, quite distinguished. :yes:

I'm 50 and the grays are just starting to be visible.  They started coming in about 25 years ago. I wish I could go more salt than pepper like my paternal grandmother. She had gorgeous silver hair. 
I think I'm going to be like my maternal grandmother, she barely had a gray hair on her head when she died. My mother was a decent half and half mix. 

I am deviating from the topic.  
 

 

:smile:  I'm still in the dark about why hair grays besides genetics.  There are rumors of stress, diet, etc.  I do have some family incidence of graying hair.

 

Some people get interesting streaks in their hair, which can look good for men but often less so for women.  Some get oddly placed patches.  I get white hairs scattered everywhere with the black hair but no solid patch anywhere.  My black hair is losing a little of its tone, but it's a minute loss.

 

My stepfather is around 70 and has fewer grays than I had when I was 25.  However, he has a 55 year old man's liver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0

I bought this.  I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow:

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AH5HFA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

It's supposed to be non-comodogenic.  It's the only non-comodogenic (marked) men's hair wax/pomade that I've ever seen.  

 

I hope that that the reviews are accurate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0

what do you guys think of scrubs for spot treatment of whiteheads?  Will it actually knock them out or will it cause severe skin irritation?  I have a small cluster that I'm afraid will turn into a real breakout.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CandleVixen    0

What I would do instead, Cult, is a warm washcloth, and lightly go over the white heads.  Scrubs  are alright for exfoliation, though my experience with scrubs and whiteheads always ended up with the scrubs irritating and sort of mushing the junk into other pores. 

So, warm washcloth with maybe a light bit of soap. Rub gently over the pimples, then follow up with salic acid or benzoil peroxide treatment. 

It's just my experience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0
On 9/7/2017 at 1:20 AM, CandleVixen said:

What I would do instead, Cult, is a warm washcloth, and lightly go over the white heads.  Scrubs  are alright for exfoliation, though my experience with scrubs and whiteheads always ended up with the scrubs irritating and sort of mushing the junk into other pores. 

So, warm washcloth with maybe a light bit of soap. Rub gently over the pimples, then follow up with salic acid or benzoil peroxide treatment. 

It's just my experience.  

 

The whiteheads are tiny and seem to be very much underneath the surface of the skin.  I've been trying to move them closer to the surface by using BP but that is a slow process and risks irritation.  I faintly remember getting a few removed at the Dermotologist's office- he used a micro-tool and an eyescope to pierce the skin and then pull out the clog.  I have pins but they are too thick for the job.

 

Interesting, I also have the experience of very bad irritation from using scrubs.  Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CandleVixen    0

You're  welcome, Cult!
I don't know if there are whitehead/blackhead removal tools for sale in the beauty or health isles  in the stores. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toodarnhot    0

This is my holy grail of skincare: https://www.sephora.com/product/u-f-o-ultra-clarifying-face-oil-P422673?skuId=1929207&icid2=products grid:p422673

I received a sample of it, and fell in love with it over a year ago, and then it was pulled in Canada before I could buy the full sized product. It just came back last month, and I've only been using it for a couple weeks, but I swear you can see a difference in your skin after the first night. Not sure how it would affect whiteheads, but it does really help with blackheads/pores. 

 

I use it at night after cleansing, and then top with this moisturizer. https://www.sephora.com/product/genius-ultimate-anti-aging-cream-P384537?skuId=1582477&icid2=products grid:p384537 

I like this moisturizer, but I'm not super enamoured with it for the price. I may switch to another Sunday Riley product when I'm finished this jar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FitTrainer    0

Hi guys! what do you guys think about black mask treatments? I've read a few reviews but Idk if I should try it? 

I'm afraid that my skin would become dry and stuff.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0
On 9/9/2017 at 1:59 PM, CandleVixen said:

You're  welcome, Cult!
I don't know if there are whitehead/blackhead removal tools for sale in the beauty or health isles  in the stores. 

 

 

1 hour ago, FitTrainer said:

Hi guys! what do you guys think about black mask treatments? I've read a few reviews but Idk if I should try it? 

I'm afraid that my skin would become dry and stuff.. 

 

This is a blackhead remover: Dermatologists use the same thing.  They recommended that I use it once a week on the blackhead prone area (the nose).  I've been doing it for years and have no blackheads on my nose.    It's a very cheap but vital tool.

 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=blackhead+remover

 

I haven't seen a whitehead removal tool on sale before.

 

oh interesting toodarnhot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×