Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I'm going to agree with Leira it seems alot of the newer models are very young and thin looking maybe not to take the focus off of their main stars? I mean the angels, and regulars like Ana, Isabeli, Candice, Rosie, and Izabel all look amazing as usual but a lot of their new choices like Anja, Chanel etc don't look like VS material. and I even like Chanel and Anja has never bothered me either. The only new girl I am really excited to see is Lily. She looked flawless backstage and on the pink carpet or whatever that was. wish she had got a better outfit but at least she was there. Now I will have to wait and see the show before I make up my mind, but I am definitely not as excited to see it as I have been before. :/

oh and Maryna looked amazing again this year :heart:

Ok so I finally got to look over the outfits, and while I was impressed the first time around, the second time around I found myself blinking at the vast majority of these outfits. Some where really great but for the most part.... they are just as bad, and in some cases worse then the last two years.

2005 it was not... better luck next year!

Disclaimer - This is my personal opinion, none of you need agree with what I think, but here it is.

I have to say that if Victoria's Secret continues it's trend towards High Fashion models I will not continue to watch the show, nor will I purchase subscriptions to sites in effort to get pictures to share. Victoria's Secret is one of the biggest fashion shows in the world, (or at the very least the most televised) and while in previous years they had a well rounded crop of girls most of whome had healthy looking bodies they have taken to picking up high fashion models and throwing them on the runway.

Personally I don't think it's alright that they are marketing this as sexy. You have teenagers and young adults watching this - it's televised for the world, (or at least the United States/North America) and they are in essence saying this is sexy, this is what you should look like. Bring out Adriana, bring out Heidi, Doutzen... please. We all, (myself included) have said these girls look thick, but they are healthy, fit girls and that is what we should be endorsing and marketing to today's youth.. not these emaciated, sunken looking girls who look 'decent', (and I use that term very loosely) if we throw enough make-up on them.

I'm not saying that woman who are naturally small can't wear lingerie and aren't sexy, far from it. What I'm saying is that high fashion girls, some of which are not naturally as petite as they come across should not be thrown into a nationally televised program that markets to a younger audience and totes out the line 'this is sexy'. We need to send a healthier message to the kids, and to those girls who already have self esteem/body issues because of today's marketing campaigns.

Segment One - Star Trooper

Alessandra Ambrosio - It's a cheap knock-off on Adriana's outfit from 2003 in the Sexy Super Heroines Segment. However Alessandra does NOT have the legs to pull it off whereas Adriana did. Not to mention whomever thought that orange and pink went together on this scale should be shot. Between the orange tan, the orange half star and the mish-mash of streamers my eyes are bleeding.

Miranda Kerr - Cute outfit until we look at the fact that the plastic bow piece she's wearing looks rock hard. - "Oh Orlando I really shouldn't bend over." "Don't worry Miranda it'll feel good I promise." Just no.

Maryna Linchuk - The premise of the outfit is fine. however Maryna is so bottom heavy she doesn't do it justice. Her face is almost to hard and the way the wings need to be held so stiffly by her just looks silly.

Caroline Trentini - The high waisted panty isn't high enough to be demure and not low enough to be sexy, it's one of those cuts girls like to wear at that special time of the month none of us want to talk about. Couple that with 'power ranger' shoulders and a wierd skirt and the outfit falls flat.

Izabel Goulart - Surreally sexy anyone? Not to mention we've all preached about how sweaters do not belong on the runway of a lingerie show.. sweater fabric, high amount of coverage - OFF with the sweaters.

Liu Wen - Simple bra and panty, why ruin it with abstract art?

Candice Swanepoel - I hate asymmetry especially in clothing. Those shirts with one shoulder, or those skirts that drape further down on one side always make a person look lopsided or chunkier then they actually are. She is stuck between oompa loompa and ziggy stardust.

Abbey Lee Kershaw -First her expression, (no I am not a fan, no I do not think she belongs here, no I do not think she's a great model) second I'm a big fan of bondage but this is taking it just a little to far. It went out of the realm of sexy into the realm of scary.

Selita Ebanks - Translated better to the runway then I expected however it still falls far short of something that deserves to be in a lingerie show.

Erin Heatherton - She's stuck between a space man and a hair salon. Either cover her entire face in the astronouts bubble or throw some hair rollers in. The outfit is horrendous at best. Please VS do not look to Lady Gaga for inspiration.

Anja Rubik - Big shoulders went out in the 80's please leave them there.

Overall opinion on the segment - 3/10

Segment 2 - All Aboard - Reminds me of grandma's closet

Doutzen Kroes - Her body is a built thick but I think that's more because those of us who frequent these boards have become so jaded to what is acceptable and healthy that we put those girls who have a naturally healthy look as being on the plus size. No this is average. As to the outfit, it's rather blande - the wings were a cute concept but I don't really think they have any cohesive quality when it comes to the segment.

Chanel Iman - Umm... body suits while great for making an outfit look oustanding, (they do these marvelous little nips and tucks naturally and smooth out all those troublesome spots) should not be worn quite so... flamboyantly?

Julia Stegner - While I'm not a huge fan of the color I do like this outfit. Do I think Julia can really pull it off - no not really but the outfit works.

Edita Vilkeviciute - I like the outfit but it looks like she's playing dress-up with mother's or grandmother's clothing. She just doesn't have the presence to pull this off.

Isabeli Fontana - Very simple bra and panty set, cute heels, the feathery-ish drape works. She pulls off the outfit perfectly, looking classy and a bit regal.

Ana Beatriz Barros - The outfit is fine, until we look at the jacket - wtf vs.. wtf. Again she doesn't have the presence to pull it off, looking like a 30 year old housewife playing dress-up in grandma's old clothes.

Sessilee Lopez - I don't mind it, though I think it's more the colors then anything. Black and red for the most part are quite asthetically pleasing to the eye. On closer inspection the bra is a mess and looks cheap, and the pin holding the sash up is rather tacky.

Marisa Miller - I LOVE this outfit. Million dollar bra - Check Simplicity - Check. This showcases what is meant to be showcased, the bra and beautiful lingerie.

Caroline Winberg - I'm exceptionally apathetic towards this outfit. Nothing stands out for or against it other then it's rather bulky nature around the midsection and through the hips.

Lindsay Ellingson - ''Hey little sister -- It's a nice day for a white wedding" It's not terrible but it's far from great.

Aminata Niaria - She looks like a bloody hooker. Pardon my language but seriously. She looks like she should be standing on a corner going "5 dolla sucky sucky?"

Rosie Huntingon-Whitely - I'm rather mixed when it comes to this outfit - not torn either way, altogether very meh.

Overall opinion on the segment - 7/10

The outfits were not bad however the models didn't have the presence to pull them off with the exception of Isabeli and Marisa.

Apparently one of the show's sponsors was a vodka company that created an official drink for the after party. The "Stoli Angel Elixir":

1 oz Stoli Gala Applik (a vodka, I'm assuming)

3 strawberries

Sprinkles of vanilla sugar

Rosé Sparkling Dessert Wine

Heidi even had her own drink, the "Heidi-licious":

1 oz. Stoli

¾ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice

¾ oz. Simple Syrup

Dash of Grenadine

Those drinks sound really good! I am not shocked Heidi has a drink named after, I don't think any of us are. As for the show I am saving my full opinion until in airs. Last year looking at all the pics I thought it would be great, but thanks to the editing I was bored to tears. I am not gonna jump to conclusions this year!

From what i heard ...

Segment Star Trooper: BEP - Boom Boom Pow

Segment All Abord: Sex on Fire -Kings of Lion

Segment PINK Planet: Use Somebody - Kings of Lion

Segment Enchanted Forest: The Man Who can't be - The Script

Segment Romantic Journey (This is the name of the segment right? >.<): Happy - Leona Lewis

Finale: Untouched - The Veronicas

Now i get why Kings fo Lions were in the show ...

I love most of the songs they used ... But come on! They're not for a runway show :blink:

That song of Kings of Lion makes me wanna go to the bed so baaad!

Who's the person behind the fashion shows? ... They must be fired, they need better music, better models, better outfits, better everything ... You hear me VS, fire those idiiiots ASAP >.<

I dont know who choose the music this year but that person needs to be replaced immediately.

I mean Sex on Fire and Use Somebody. They arent walking songs. The Script and Leona Lewis. Its all romantic songs not fast beats, pumping sounds. Stomping music. The only one good for that was Boom Boom Pow

I dont know who choose the music this year but that person needs to be replaced immediately.

I mean Sex on Fire and Use Somebody. They arent walking songs. The Script and Leona Lewis. Its all romantic songs not fast beats, pumping sounds. Stomping music. The only one good for that was Boom Boom Pow

Sex on Fire is the one for All Aboard right?

Thread Cleaned & Edited (Y)

Some of the discussions in this thread was getting off-topic, and it was borderlining on bashing and baiting--e.g. the whole weight discussion.

Unless it is done in a respectful and neutral manner, from now on please refrain from making comments regarding weight. This is the Post-Show thread---let's try to have discussions focused around show itself.

Thanks everyone!!! :wave: