Bellazon

Boxing

This thread right here is for all who :heart: boxing!!! I've already told all the boxing fans at chilax to come here when chilax ends. :cry: So, if anybody loves boxing, come on down and lets discuss it.

The problem with the heavyweight division is that it is so watered down, nobody really gives a shit anymore. :rolleyes: Dude, it is all about the lower weight classes now. ;) Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera was fight of the year in my opinion. I really wasn't surpised on how good Barrera was, but I am surprised that Morales underestimated him, especially if you have seen the previous 2. However, the first two were very controversial decisions. This time, there was no doubt about it. Barrera won the fight, even though it was very close. Thinkin' about Barrea-Paquiao II is making my mouth :drool:, but before that can happen Manny gotta get past Juan Manuel Marquez. :ermm:

This weekend will also feature Joel Casamayor vs. Jose Luis Castillo and Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy vs. Omar Sheika. :drool: Not only will we see what the future of the middleweight division might look like, but if Casamayor can beat Castillo(which ain't gonna be easy, Castillo is a champion), we just might see Casamayor-Diego Corrales III!!! That would be so :cool: .

• 2 weeks later...
This weekend will also feature Joel Casamayor vs. Jose Luis Castillo and Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy vs. Omar Sheika. :drool: Not only will we see what the future of the middleweight division might look like, but if Casamayor can beat Castillo(which ain't gonna be easy, Castillo is a champion), we just might see Casamayor-Diego Corrales III!!! That would be so  :cool: .

Castillo rocks, but Casamyor still had what it takes for an old pro. It was a great fight. I really love watching Castillo slug ;)

Anybody got thoughts and/or predictions about the Jermain Taylor vs. Glen Johnson fight tonight?

Sorry, I meant the Antonio Tarver vs. Glen Johnson fight. It was a good, close fight, but I think that Antonio was the winner. All in all, a good year for boxing. (Y) Even though Glen Johnson got a questionable decision over Tarver, it seems right. Every year, some fighter is always gonna get a questionalbe decision over another fighter, even if its clear that the other person won the fight. Go figure. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
i too thought antonio won

I watched the fight again just to make sure, and I got a draw. Round 3 was a hard round to call. Tarver may have stolen that round with his combinations in the last half of the round, but Glen Johnson seemed to control most of that round. Plus, you saw the desire that Glen Johnson had to win that fight, which was something that Antonio seemed to lack. Fuck it. <_< It just gives us boxing fans another bout to look forward to in 2005.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BOXING FANS!!! :fun:

true hopefully 05 will be big for boxing

Key word being "hopefully". 2004 was one of the best years in boxing in a loooong time. None of the decisions in major fights were travesties, most of the PPV fights were actually worth paying for, and we saw some major upsets, and a whole new crop of up and comers stepped up to the big guys and took the crown, therefore showing us what the next generation of boxing who look like!!! ;) Now we need to see Jermain Taylor take the big plunge and see who, if any, can take out Tszyu. 2005 BABY!!!

de la hoya is gonna take out tszyu. you wait and see..

cotto is gonna be a great champ and taylor is gonna end up beating hopkins. just wait and see. and kermit cintron is gonna make it to the mainstream....

save these predictions in you heads.... :)