Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

• 2 weeks later...

"Game of Thrones" was nominated for 2 Emmys on Thursday. The show was nominated in the Outstanding Drama Series Category. Unfortunately, despite the great cast of actors who did their jobs really well, only Peter Dinkage was noticed, as he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. I definitely think that Sean Bean, Lena Headey, and Emilia Clarke were good enough to earn some nominations. No knock on Dinkage, but I feel the only reason why the Emmys nominated him and not the others is because he is the only actor on that cast who is known to the American Audience. The rest of the people on that show, with the exception of that one guy who is on the Wire, are not well known outside of their home countries.

You don't think Sean Bean is well known in US? What about Ronin, Lord Of The Rings or The Island? They should have had quite an audience.

True, but he was never the star, or even main co-star in those films. The face might be somewhat familiar, but the name isn't.

Due to my love of this show, I tried reading the books they are based on. But alas, they were too boring. Show is better than the books, IMO.

And gosh, I HATE waiting so long. Darn HBO for making me wait a whole year for my fav shows <_<

Hey, guys. I just wanted to know. If you know if there is any website were I can watch GoT for free or if you know when the series can be bought? It's not out in the UK and if it is I don't have HBO and I went on there site but I can't watch anything because I'm not from the US. :/ Grr. And this show looks amazing. :chicken: Emilia Is super petty.

Hey, guys. I just wanted to know. If you know if there is any website were I can watch GoT for free or if you know when the series can be bought? It's not out in the UK and if it is I don't have HBO and I went on there site but I can't watch anything because I'm not from the US. :/ Grr. And this show looks amazing. :chicken: Emilia Is super petty.

You can dl episodes at www.icefilms.com.

I had seen the ads for this show before it came out and thought it sounded good so I might check it out... well, I finally got to see it, now that it's all over, and I love it!! I was happy that I was able to keep watching instead of having to wait another week to see the next one :rofl: Until the end.... damn, that sucks, now I have to wait for the new season.. :/ I thought it would be coming out september.... but guess I was wrong. :pinch:

I was thinking about reading the books too... I love to read, cause I'm nerdy like that :p

Due to my love of this show, I tried reading the books they are based on. But alas, they were too boring. Show is better than the books, IMO.

And gosh, I HATE waiting so long. Darn HBO for making me wait a whole year for my fav shows <_<

For me the books show the story much wider than the tv series. You are exploring the story from the different views. The chapters are titled by the names of the characters like the Jon, Aria, Bran. Maybe someone know if the new book is already published?