Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

I have a suggestion for the blog landing page of Bellazon, which hasn't been updated with new blog posts since June: Delete it and just keep the forum. The forum has been a place where people come since 2004. The blog doesn't offer anything new and it is very obvious that the people who wrote posts did it because it's a chore, not because they feel particularly passioned about it. The titles could have been plucked from the Daily Mail. The content is just meh. I'm not saying I could do it any better, because I can't. I don't have the energy or the enthusiasm to run a proper, good blog. But neither did the people who ran it. Now it's just this dead thing dragging the site down. Dispose of it before it decomposes or do better. 

13 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

What if throwing a public service announcement on your twitter when the whole site comes to a halt?

Doing it post factum (when one can read it on the forum (and use the forum) has no sense.

Making an announcement ahead of time would have required prior knowledge that the forum was going to go down, which none of us had.

26 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

The forum was read-only for days. The bz twitter did not inform of the state of affairs during that period of time.

An announcement was made on the BZ Facebook page on the 18th, which was when I first became aware that we were down, and on the Twitter yesterday I believe. Unless I'm mistaken, the forum came back online just this morning.

18 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

the forum recovered ~15 hours ago, and the twitter message came out ~2 hours ago.

The Tweet saying we were back online came out two or three hours ago, the one saying we were having technical issues came out in the early hours of Sunday morning, when the forum was still down.

18 hours ago, umoo2 said:

Yeah, been unable to post since Thursday.  No update, no info, no nothing.

19 hours ago, elfstone said:

Whats been going on here? Is the forum undergoing an update?

16 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Same. What was going on?

5 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

The forum was read-only for days. The bz twitter did not inform of the state of affairs during that period of time.

I got a page on Thursday that the site was down, it was due to the disk filling up and I fixed the problem. The alerts went away and I was happy on my way. I did not check the site over the last 4 days and it wasn't until Pinky texted my cell phone that someone informed me the site was down. If someone had emailed [email protected] I would have fixed it sooner, but my monitors are just checking that the site was up and running (which it was) not if all the functionality of the forums were available (posting for example).

Sorry but its a hard thing to check for and I was in a rush on Thursday and I didnt try to post.