Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2012

Michael*

Somewhat belatedly, I hereby declare the topic for all Euro 2012 chat officially open! :chicken:

So, what do we think is going to happen? Will the Spanish keep up their phenomenal run of victories or will the Germans fufill their undoubted potential? Will Arjen Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo make a single pass between them? Will Roy Hodgson remember to pack Rooney's ritalin? Will Alan Shearer ever master the art of correct grammar?

*Important looking info, fixtures etc will appear here when my computer decides to co-operate* :pinch:

So, a mere two fixtures into proceedings and I'm already enjoying this tournament more than the World Cup of 2010.

Best to reserve proper judgement until they play one of the heavyweights, I suppose, but the Russians look every bit as good a watch as they were four years ago. Deadpan Q & A sessions on his official website aside, I haven't found Andrei Arshavin that entertaining in years.

Also, *obscure reference alert* a photo of the first Papastathopoulos yellow card in the opening game would have made an excellent cover for a Panini sticker album in the late 80s. :laugh:

Thanx Michael for making thread for UEFA ,I like this Cup more than World CUP,

I used to like football so much but gave up my favs teams and limited my self for World cup and UEFA only.

I go with good play, Italian/Spanish/English/Holland/German/Potugese sometimes. but when it comes to most it's German or Italian(for countries) and Spanish(for teams only.)

not too early I think,4 matches have been played

today were 2,Netherlands vs Denmark which ended 1-0 for Denmark,I'm sad for Holland

and the second was Germany vs Portugal which ended with the same result 1-0 for Germany,I'm happy now.

Considering the array of attacking talent at their disposal last night, that was a ridiculously negative display from Portugal. Barely an improvement on their doomed approach at the World Cup. :/

Totally contrasting fortunes for two of the most in-form strikers at the tournament, Van Persie and Gomez. The big man with the big quiff has become a real enigma to me. He lollops about the pitch looking completely disinterested for 70-odd minutes then all of a sudden busts out a header of such majestic quality. RVP on the other hand was constantly involved and had what could only be described as a stinker.

Roll on Italy-Spain and Ireland-Croatia! :chicken:

post-38290-0-1445985392-74068_thumb.jpg

That's Gomez reaction after the scoring,he has to be happy,and I'm happy for him,he needs some faith in him after worse play in the last 2 big tournaments

Gomez isn't that great player,but I don't know I always have faith in him,I hope he won't disappoint me in next matches