Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2012

Michael*

Only in the sense that he was never blessed with the natural technique of a Messi or the pace and raw athleticism of a Ronaldo. His success on the pitch was always more of an advert for spirit, dedication and hard work than extravagant gifts. Will I remember Beckham as one of the true all-time greats? Probably not. As one of the best of his generation? Without a doubt. You certainly wouldn't play for United, Madrid and Milan if you were average, and the sheer volume of goals and general chaos his crossing provided from that right wing was just incredible. :yes:

I don't think it's the case of the more famous you are the more haters you get.

I mean who can hate Messi (YES- I'm a Barca fan :p )?

Most soccer-players don't really seem to stand out in ways of their personal life, and ones that do (in a kinda bad way) like Ronaldo, Beckham and Balotelli seem to generate a lot of negative attention for being different.

i will give Beckham this, he is one of the best freekick takers/crossers of the ball in the last decade or so. imo at least :)

Most soccer-players don't really seem to stand out in ways of their personal life, and ones that do (in a kinda bad way) like Ronaldo, Beckham and Balotelli seem to generate a lot of negative attention for being different.

INFphoto_1883371-500x7851.jpg

i actually would say it's more famous in the way of being a celebrity, not just being known a lot. Ronaldo and Beckham both do charity work, etc in their personal life but it's their celebrity status that has rubbed some fans the wrong way. they want their players to be players, not in the celebrity spotlight and the red carpet (this is even more so when the player isn't preforming).

There's no question that Messi is the defining player of this generation (don't tell Cristiano ;)). Apparently, he even makes more money than David Beckham these days through commercial sponsorship and bonuses. But he's not one of those inescapable celebrity figures like Beckham, Ronaldo and Sean St. Ledger (okay, maybe not that last one) have become. I'm not sure you'd necessarily recognise him or know his name if you weren't already a football fan.

Though Euro has ended and I don't wanna talk about or remember it anymore,but just for the occasion of mentioning Balotelli,21 years,he's making the news these days ,just after Italy's defeat day,it was announced that he's gonna be dad for the first time,his ex-girlfriend and model Raffaella Fico is pregnant with his child,they ended their relation in April,and she found out about pregnancy in May.

post-38290-0-35476300-1341857099_thumb.j