Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

13 hours ago, Ramyen said:

I got mad when I saw that my messages were deleted, but I'll be a good christian and forgive you

I firmly resolve to sin no more. At least, not until there's another forum explosion of trolling, fighting, pop psychology and speculation about sexually transmitted diseases. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Leo via people he's not dating german model Lorena Rae. On the other hand he said the same about Nina so I don't how how accurate it's this time :p

http://people.com/movies/leonardo-dicaprio-lorena-rae/

Exactly... Nina was a "fast fling", but they end up dating for 1 year. :cain: So, better wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL What? :rofl:

Apparently Blake Lively Used to Take Pictures Of a Doll for Leonardo DiCaprio

There’s a long, hyperbolic profile focusing on the ten year anniversary of Gossip Girl in Vanity Fair today, and the whole piece makes it sound as if the show, which never got stellar ratings anyway, was one of the greatest television shows of all time. Or, rather, that Blake Lively is one of the greatest actresses of all time, as the article is largely about how fantastic she is (which makes sense since she clearly gave the longest interview for the piece out of her cast members.)

Here are just a few breathless quotes from show-runners and producers about Lively and Serena van der Woodsen’s impact:

(...)

“We learned a lot from Blake,” [Joshua] Safran said. “When I think about shooting the L.A. episodes, Blake was dating [DiCaprio] at the time, and she had this thing where she had a doll that she took photos of that she sent to Leo. Blake was way ahead of the curve. It was pre-Instagram. She was documenting her life in photographs in a way that people were not yet doing.”

Excuse me, what? Blake Lively had a doll that she would send pictures of to Leonardo DiCaprio when they dated for just a few months in 2011? And she basically invented Instagram while doing so? I’m speechless!

Okay but back to this doll. Even though I’d be god damn delighted to learn Lively carries around some porcelain, Victorian doll that scared everyone on set to death, my personal theory is more boring. Green Lantern came out in 2011, the same time Lively and DiCaprio were dating, and during that time Lively received a Barbie doll based on her character Carol Ferris.

“We went to WonderCon to show our first ten minutes of footage and I saw a Barbie sitting there with my face and with my mole!” Lively told press about the doll. “That was a huge, huge deal for me. I never thought I would be an actor, much less have my own Barbie!”

I think she probably sent pictures to Leo of this Barbie. What pictures? Who knows! Maybe sometime during filming she trapped Leighton Meester’s spirit into the body of this Barbie and her former co-star has been trying to scream out for help ever since.

I reached out to Blake Lively’s publicist to give me more information about the doll and will update this post if they respond.

Source

I like what cosmopolitan wrote about Leo in this context :p

leonardo-dicaprio-2011-1504102234.jpg?cr

A gentle reminder of what Leo looked like in 2011 (super hot).

More

I think Leo would be an AWESOME Joker but I'm still not convinced about the whole origin story idea... I think in this case a younger actor would maybe a better choice... what do you guys think?

The Joker Movie: Warner Bros. Wants Class, Cachet and Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio

joker_leonardo_dicaprio_inset.jpg

By bringing on Martin Scorsese as a producer, the studio hopes to use the legendary filmmaker to lure his longtime collaborator into the world of comic book franchises.

When news broke last week that Warner Bros. is developing a movie detailing the origin story of Batman nemesis The Joker, many were surprised to see the name Martin Scorsese listed among the producers.

After all, why would the 74-year old auteur filmmaker behind everything from Taxi Driver to Silence be interested in making the kind of studio franchise fare he has avoided throughout his career? And why would Warners executives, as brand managers of the extended DC Comics cinematic universe, want a legendarily controlling and free-spending talent involved in its marquee property?

The answer involves a plan worthy of The Joker himself. Sources say Warners will make an ambitious attempt to use Scorsese to bring Leonardo DiCaprio into the world of comic-book movies. Certainly, Scorsese’s involvement in The Joker film, which The Hangover filmmaker Todd Phillips would direct, could elevate and diversify the studio's contributions to the genre, creating the potential to make awards-worthy films such as Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy.

There's no offer for DiCaprio, and sources say Scorsese's deal to produce isn't even done yet. The chances of landing DiCaprio could be slim to none. But the attempt in itself sends a signal to talent that Warners wants to hire serious filmmakers to make serious films.

This plan was not met with applause in all quarters: Insiders say Jared Leto, the actor who portrayed the Clown Prince of Crime in last summer's Suicide Squad and is slated to reprise the character not just for a sequel but for another spinoff movie (with DC villainess Harley Quinn), was caught off-guard by the plans. Leto is said to have made his displeasure with the notion of multiple Jokers known to his CAA agents, and rival agency WME has been using the concern to court him.

Warner Bros. launched its DC Extended Universe to compete with Marvel Studios with 2013’s Man of Steel. The movies have included the poorly reviewed Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad as well as this summer’s well-received Wonder Woman, which was seen as finally correcting a wobbly series. The movies have a through-line not just of stories but also actors, making them part of a superhero universe.

Now, however, Warners wants to branch off with stand-alone movies that are unconnected to that version of the DC world. The new movies will have non-traditional takes on the heroes and villains of DC, and hopefully, attract actors and filmmakers who don’t typically toil in the comic-book movie world. War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies (Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced). The plan is to launch a separate label for these projects to distinguish them from the rest of the DC films. (Warners executives are acutely aware of the risks of audience confusion.)

For Joker, which could be the initial entry for the label, sources say the studio and Phillips would want DiCaprio or another A-lister to play the character as a gritty crime boss in a Scorsese-esque Gotham underworld.

DiCaprio, 42, has become the most in-demand actor in Hollywood despite refusing to star in traditional franchise pictures. Instead, he has limited his collaborators to A-list directors of (generally) original screenplays, including James Cameron (Titanic), Christopher Nolan (Inception) and Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant, for which he won his Oscar).

But his most frequent collaborator has been Scorsese. The duo has made five successful films together over two decades: The Aviator, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street.

One conduit between Phillips and Scorsese/DiCaprio is actor Jonah Hill, who starred in Phillips’ War Dogs but worked with DiCaprio in Scorsese’s Wolf of Wall Street.

Reps for Warner Bros, DiCaprio, Leto and Scorsese declined to comment.

Source

Jade

Tks for Leo/Joker news , certainly getting a lot of media attention :p 

Calibi

Tks for new pix of Leo in NY :smile:

His pal Richie had posted a short vid from the plane on Friday , and I thought I heard Leo's voice in background, and it seems it was indeed him ,  hope we get more NY pix in the days ahead :thumbsup: 

Calibi, jade and ox: thanks for the updates. 

I honestly don't want Leo to play Joker, of course I think he's very capable to do an amazing Joker... but I just think there's no need for another movie about this character, I know this is a solo movie, but still I think Leo have more interesting projects to focus on his career than this one. 

I wonder if Leo is going to watch US open now that he's back in NY? 

1 hour ago, marinebing said:

Leo and Toni reunion ?? Wasn't she dating the same guy for a while now and was so in love ?

i missed the break up. 

I did NOT see that coming but it makes me very happy I love Toni

She broke up with Chandler in October 2016! almost a year alone