Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

I'd love to see Lisalla too, maybe she'll get it this year? I would also love Xenia Deli but she was rejected last year too. I like that they're showing the potential rookies but somehow i have the feeling that none of this girls will make it and they're just playing with us :laugh:

who else would you like to see in the 2014 issue?

my list would include xenia deli and some other SISA veterans: nicole meyer, chiara moreira, rosette mogomotsi, and lera koryts'ka.

otherwise lisalla montenegro would've been great, if perhaps a bit similar to natasha barnard.

SI has been sorely lacking any diversity lately. i wouldn't mind seeing lais ribeiro, gracie carvalho, and shanina shaik appear in the issue. [edit: i meant to include mayra suarez here, too]

finally, nicole williams, maryna linchuk and magdalena frackowiak have had some interesting shoots lately and at least seem to be better caliber than the casting calls SI has had so far.

Xenia confirmed it herself to a member here who has contact with her. I'd love Shanina & Marloes as well, fingers crossed and I'd like either Barbara Palvin or Sara Sampaio (not the two of them together though).

And of course I hope all my girls are back in 2014, I also hope SI finally lets Julie, Arie & Chrissy gol I think Kate, Nina & Kate B are three safe bets for 2014, which is fine by me.

Ugh, neither Bregje or Barbara F. appeal to me. Neither are very pretty.

Xenia confirmed it herself to a member here who has contact with her. I'd love Shanina & Marloes as well, fingers crossed and I'd like either Barbara Palvin or Sara Sampaio (not the two of them together though).

And of course I hope all my girls are back in 2014, I also hope SI finally lets Julie, Arie & Chrissy gol I think Kate, Nina & Kate B are three safe bets for 2014, which is fine by me.

I would have loved to see Xenia. It's a shame she got denied.

I really hope the same girls leave, but I'm really hoping to not see Kate B. again either. Her shoot was awful. How they thought it was a good idea to make her rookie of the year is just above and beyond me. And there's no way they didn't choose; as many people have said, it's obviously rigged. Emily and Natasha did SO much better than her. It's sickening.

@slowen: I think Maryna would be good for it, or maybe Edita V. Both have amazing bodies. Magdalena is amazing but I can't see SI picking her... she's heavy into VS right now and SI and VS don't seem to share that well.

I would love to see Sara or Barbara Palvin, also. VS is being idiotic and setting Barbara aside to promote Karlie Kloss, who to me closely resembles a walking skeleton and is just a horrific choice. I'd love to see Barbara do something else that shows off her body if VS is going to poorly handle her like that.

Being unbiased i think Hanna Davis was clearly the front-runner for ROTY even though i like Emily Didonato better, how Kate B won is a mystery, i do have my own theory about it but that's a whole different story. And with Kate B being ROTY it's obvious she'll be back in 2014 because all the ROTY i know of came back at least one more year: Anne V, Brooklyn, Melissa Haro, Esti, Chrissy, Kate, Nina so i doubt we won't be seeing more of Kate. I don't think she's the most atrocious model out there and she was decent enough, i just think she was the weakest Rookie

I'd love Edita for SI, her body is perfection and she seems to be working less and less for VS anyway. Both Magda & Maryna can STFA from SI though, do NOT want :ninja: Also Irina needs to go IMO, ever since she got the cover her SI pictorials have been pretty bad, it's kind of been there, done that and it's not exciting anymore, i think it's time for her to move on.

Lais Ribeiro would be amazing too, but she's heavily into VS so I don't see it happening and same goes with Toni Garrn. I would love Sandra Kubicka though, she turned 18 this year so i have a little hope for her, Michea Crawford is another girl who i think would be amazing for SI :heart:

I really hope the same girls leave, but I'm really hoping to not see Kate B. again either. Her shoot was awful. How they thought it was a good idea to make her rookie of the year is just above and beyond me. And there's no way they didn't choose; as many people have said, it's obviously rigged. Emily and Natasha did SO much better than her. It's sickening.

@slowen: I think Maryna would be good for it, or maybe Edita V. Both have amazing bodies. Magdalena is amazing but I can't see SI picking her... she's heavy into VS right now and SI and VS don't seem to share that well.

I would love to see Sara or Barbara Palvin, also. VS is being idiotic and setting Barbara aside to promote Karlie Kloss, who to me closely resembles a walking skeleton and is just a horrific choice. I'd love to see Barbara do something else that shows off her body if VS is going to poorly handle her like that.

^ I agree with what you are saying but I don't think SI would be right for Barbara at this time. I don't see SI boosting careers for anyone not named Kate Upton. I probably wouldn't complain if she did it, though.

Why don't you want Barbara and Sara to do it together?

I was kind of surprised Kate came back this year because she was doing so well with HF work. I thought she looked so good this year that she might want to come back next year but the response from the media hasn't been that positive. She only came back this year because of the novel idea to go to Antarctica and because she got the cover. She will probably only come back if she gets the cover next year but even if SI offers it I think she will turn it down.

i expect both kates will be back next year. seems like a safe bet. as misslima says, all ROTY models return at least once more.

and lately it's been rare for the previous year's cover model not to return. marisa miller is the only one i can think of in the last decade to not return in her post-cover year. though i do see what you're saying: it will be hard for kate to top the hype associated with antarctica this year. perhaps she'll do a special feature shoot, like bar and heidi have done in years after their covers. i could see that happening.

^ I agree with what you are saying but I don't think SI would be right for Barbara at this time. I don't see SI boosting careers for anyone not named Kate Upton. I probably wouldn't complain if she did it, though.

Good point. :wacko:

^ Well this was actually MJ's first year 100% in charge as Senior Editor (previous Senior Editor was Diane Smith) and her Rookie class was the best one since 2007 IMO, for the first time all Rookies were familiar faces/names to most of us knew, unlike previous years where we got the most random models on earth who many had never heard of (Chrissy, Dominique Piek, Melissa Haro, Genevieve Morton, Kenza Fourati WTF with her on SI?!, and the list goes on). So i do have hopes that MJ will put together another good Rookie class for 2014 and that we will see some other familiar faces as the ones we mentioned.

As for Kate, I wasn't surprised at all she was back this year. She clearly has a great relationship with everyone from SI and she herself admits that SI was what put her on the map in the first place and she's not retarded, she probably knew she was getting the cover again when they told she'd be going alone to Antarctica. Will that be hard to top? For sure, but i doubt she won't be back because SI is always good publicity. As for HF career, she's rumored to be getting a US Vogue in June and if that happens it will be huge for her, better than any other modeling gig under the sun so we'll see how it goes

@2324lebron I don't want Barbara & Sara doing SI together because I feel they have too much of a similar look, I feel like they would blend into each other. And no, for God's sake I do not hate/dislike any of them i like them both a lot but i think it's stupid to contract girls who could pass as sisters.

I would like to see Michelle Vawer, Julie Ordon, & Esti Ginzburg back.

Rookies I would like to see Bregje Heinen, Candice Boucher, Barbara Palvin, Sandra Kubicka, Xenia Deli & Shanina Shaik