Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't usually pay much attention to celeb break-ups but this one disappoints me.

Associated Press

Aug 6 '17

LOS ANGELES -- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have announced they are separating after eight years of marriage.

The actors announced their breakup on social media Sunday night in a joint statement confirmed by Pratt's publicist.

"We tried hard for a long time, and we're really disappointed," the actors wrote. "Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another."

Pratt, who stars in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" franchise and Faris, who stars on CBS' comedy "Mom," were married in 2009. They have a 4-year-old son.

They were one of Hollywood's most popular couples and publicly supportive of each other in their work and on social media. Pratt guest-starred as Faris' love interest on "Mom" earlier this year, and the couple laughed and kissed in April when Pratt was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Wow… Just the other day I thought about them, wondering how it feels especially for Anna Faris that she got together with Chris Pratt when he was more of a regular guy and then he later became a huge movie star and a sex symbol.

I hope the divorce is not due to Anna feeling like she is not good enough for him anymore or Chris feeling like he wants to explore other opportunities now that everyone thinks he is the greatest, so hot and funny etc. when before he was a bit pudgy and more the funny guy rather than the heartthrob.

6 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school!:tumbleweed:

Seriously though, I'm usually not phased in the slightest by celebrity news but this, honestly, is a bit of a bummer.

Anna Faris = wife material

source: her movies :D

52 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I hope the divorce is not due to Anna feeling like she is not good enough for him anymore or Chris feeling like he wants to explore other opportunities now that everyone thinks he is the greatest, so hot and funny etc. when before he was a bit pudgy and more the funny guy rather than the heartthrob.

When they staring dating, she was famous and he was basically unknown, now he is much more famous. I don't know if that has anything to do with the breakup, and I tend not to try to guess on these things.

When I see these stories, I normally think it's just how things work in the public eye. Regular couples can have trouble staying together, so it has to be harder for famous couples.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:03 PM, jkjk said:

When they staring dating, she was famous and he was basically unknown, now he is much more famous. I don't know if that has anything to do with the breakup, and I tend not to try to guess on these things.

When I see these stories, I normally think it's just how things work in the public eye. Regular couples can have trouble staying together, so it has to be harder for the famous couples.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably that exact dynamic change that may have killed it. Not only did Chris become a bigger star than Anna, he undoubtedly became one of Hollywood's biggest stars. Meanwhile, Anna had gone on record a few years ago saying that she preferred Chris when he was heavier. So one can easily imagine a very significant shift in their relationship happening, and things just not working out any more.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:07 AM, Cult Icon said:

what happened in the emoji movie?

I've yet to see it, but I get the feeling it's the kind of thing that the cast, no matter how many accolades they might win thereafter, will still be remembered for knowingly taking part in. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

I've yet to see it, but I get the feeling it's the kind of thing that the cast, no matter how many accolades they might win thereafter, will still be remembered for knowingly taking part in. :laugh:

I am more likely to give an actor a pass on making the mistake to choose to be in a bad animated movie. It can be hard to know based on the script and it takes so long to make them. I remember reading Disney executives were really surprised by the success of Frozen, but that's probably a poor example.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, jj3 said:

^ :ninja: 

30 Rock - Jenna Turned Down Harvey Weinstein

There’s also another scene where Jenna says she slept with Harvey Weinstein.

Yet all these celebrities want to act appalled like they had never heard of such things.

^ But actually, IMO, i find the fact to laugh about it, this way, like you know, "oh that damn Harvey, always so pervy", "the good old big perv", well i find it's pretty terrible.

Because it means everybody was aware about the situation, and in the end, it was enough supportable, to find the humour to laugh about it, like a catharsis ... but actually very negative.