Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah yeah, it's the day of the 2014 issue's release, but I'm already thinking of what to do with the lineup for next year. A lot will depend on if this expanded roster they have introduced this year with the large number of rookies is permanent or if they'll drop it back to the to the previous size. I'm guessing that they'll keep the roster relatively large. So what to do with who they have now? Well, let's take divide up the veterans and see what we have.

Guaranteed back:

Kate Upton

Genevieve Morton

Hannah Davis

Nina Agdal

Chrissy Teigen (Ugh.)

Longtime veterans who could leave:

Anne V

Jessica Gomes

Irina Shayk

Ariel Meredith

Less experienced veterans who could get removed:

Emily DiDonato

Kate Bock

Natasha Barnard

After losing Cintia Dicker and Julie Henderson, I expect that we'll see at least one the longtime vets leave. Probably either Irina or Anne if I were to wager a guess. That may be enough, but I'm kinda anticipating Natasha or Kate Bock getting the axe too. Emily DiDonato is likely safe as fashionistas love her and she did a fantastic job this year. So that leaves either two or three veterans gone. Now that we have the veterans sorted, let's take a look at this massive crop of rookies. Overall, I think they did very well with the rookies this year. I analyzed them in a post in the 2014 thread which you should read first:

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/47095-2014-si-swimsuit/?p=3364634

Now let's group them up like we did the vets:

Guaranteed back:

Sara Sampaio

Emily Ratajkowski

Lily Aldridge

Hannah Ferguson

Gigi Hadid (She's young and is the spawn of a celeb. She'll be back. she'll probably be a mainstay for years, in fact.)

Could return:

Bregje Heinen

Chanel Iman

Marloes Horst

Not returning:

Lauren Mellor

Cris Urena

Valerie van der Graaf

Samantha Hoopes

If I were to wager a guess, I'd say that half of the rookies will be back, with Marloes being the most likely of the three on the bubble to make it back. Now on to the hard part; rookies. I doubt that the number of rookies will be as big as this year. I'm guessing only four or five rookies next year. I've already compiled a small list of possibles:

Samantha Gradoville: This is such a no-brainer. She has the "All-American girl-next-door" looks that SI loves on top of high fashion credibility, similar to Emily DiDonato. Could be a fine replacement for Emily if SI is stupid and does not bring her back.

Alexina Graham: Now that Cintia is gone, SI is going to have to find another ginger, and I think Alexina is a perfect fit. Again, she has the girl-next-door look and is rather bosomy. A perfect fit.

Hailey Clauson: The Valerie van der Graaf experiment did not work out, but they have a second shot at it with Hailey. She has blonde hair and similar features, but she is not as baby-faced. Of course, she comes with baggage, but her look is a good fit.

Dioni Tabbers: Yeah, I know everyone suggests her every year to no avail, but I'm gonna do it again. Everyone says her features are too sharp and high fashiony, but if SI will use Bregje Heinen, who has far sharper fatures IMO, they'll use Dioni too. I don't need to explain why she's a good fit. You all know already.

Nobody commercial-looking American model: SI always plucks some American girl out of obscurity every year, and 2015 will be no exception. I have no suggestions really because these girls typically are massive unknowns, however, I'd guess that this time, the model will be black or perhaps Asian to add some diversity, especially if Ariel leaves or Chanel is not retained.

So there you have it. A balanced lineup of 20-22 models with an engaging class of rookies. Of course, this is as early a prediction as one can make, but it makes sense. It'll be interesting to come back a year from now to see if I got any of it right.

^ would love to see that.

For rookies I'd like- Hailey, Barbara, Tanya Mityushina, and Nicole Meyer.

From the rookies this year I would like to see Marloes, Bregje, Gigi, Emily and Sam. Probably Sara too. From the vets Emily and Hannah. Kate and Nina will be back for sure. I love Irina but this seems like her last year.

For rookies would luv to see Candice Boucher, Shanina Shaik, Kelly Gale,Barbara Palvin & Catalina Otalvaro

Bring back Michelle Vawer, Alyssa Miller, Julie Ordon, Esti Ginzburg, Sara Sampaio, Emily Ratajowski, Bregje Heinen, Lily Aldridge, Hannah Davis

Models that don't wanna see back Nina, Chrissy, Anne V, Jessica Gomes, Gigi Hadid, Samantha Hoopes, Genevieve Morton, Marloes Horst &Kate Bock, I don't think they're all that pretty.