Bellazon

Blade Runner 2049

Cult Icon

On 9/26/2017 at 5:04 PM, Cult Icon said:

The first impressions of the new blade runner movie are positive (it's around 3 hours long)

The critical reception has been off the charts so far, I'm even contemplating going to see it in a crowded cinema. :chicken:

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

The critical reception has been off the charts so far, I'm even contemplating going to see it in a crowded cinema. :chicken:

I'd probably see it myself .  The trailers have been drab but apparently it's a cover up..

96% , 50 professional reviews

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blade_runner_2049

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blade_runner_2049

94% out of 115 reviews

"Critics Consensus: Visually stunning and narratively satisfying, Blade Runner 2049deepens and expands its predecessor's story while standing as an impressive filmmaking achievement in its own right."

I think I might watch it sometime next week.  It's 164 minutes long.

It was good. Not overwhelming but... yeah, good. Visual stunning. If you don't like Ryan Gosling (and his very serious face) you have a problem, he's in almost every scene. I liked the slow telling especially in the first part, it's refreshing in a time where everything must be faster and faster - I heard people complaining about the length but I think it was good for the story and the atmosphere...

I would give 7 out of 10 stars.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...