Bellazon

The X-Files

cast0r

• 3 months later...

Thanks for posting this information. Because I'm a big fan of X-Files series. I watch many of them already in TV. The story is very good but some time I just feel its a fake. I mean its based on unbelievable things. Anyway thanks for sharing this news with us :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

^Ah but it was just great to see them together again, wasn't it?! I liked the 2nd film - it was like an extended episode yes (and perhaps not so cinematic as a result), but kind of true to the series... Sometimes the 'mythology' of the show takes over the narrative too much - and maybe it can disappear up it's own arse! I more often preferred those stand-alone episodes.

This film took it back to when it was great: the Mulder/Scully dichotomy, faith versus science, and just that 'American Gothic' creepiness of these small towns in this vast country.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, i have a number, probably NONE that you would like, i love the one where the guy eats peoples LIVERS "Squeeze" lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, and the funniest one is the one was the vampire one lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll "BAD BLOOD" lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I want to believe... :alien:

...that it'll be good. Getting this particular band back together is going to demand outstanding storylines and scripts, which I'd like to think Chris Carter has already spent years crafting. I just hope they don't get too bogged down in the 'mythology' of the show. The central premise was about as 90s as you can get, and our conspiracy theories these days (demented though many of them are) tend to deal with un-supernatural phenomena. Hopefully, they milk enough out of paranoia at the government to be topical for six episodes, and focus on the more character-driven stuff.

On 25/03/2015 at 5:32 PM, Michael* said:

I want to believe... :alien:

...that it'll be good. Getting this particular band back together is going to demand outstanding storylines and scripts, which I'd like to think Chris Carter has already spent years crafting. I just hope they don't get too bogged down in the 'mythology' of the show. The central premise was about as 90s as you can get, and our conspiracy theories these days (demented though many of them are) tend to deal with un-supernatural phenomena. Hopefully, they milk enough out of paranoia at the government to be topical for six episodes, and focus on the more character-driven stuff.

Hmm, now I wonder if a Edward Snowden type of character and his dealings/leaks would be considered for the reboot :whistle:

On 26/03/2015 at 4:32 AM, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Hmm, now I wonder if a Edward Snowden type of character and his dealings/leaks would be considered for the reboot :whistle:

I don't see why not. Really, the Snowden story made Spender's crew look like a bunch of amateurs by comparison, but a lot of the technological surveillance stuff they talked about in the original show has since come true. I'm sure Carter could do some sort of weird and wonderful take on that. :hehe:

Creator Chris Carter on 'The X-Files' revival: 'It'll be honest to the characters'

The X-Files creator Chris Carter has spoken about the show's eagerly-anticipated revival. Fox announced on Tuesday (March 24) that it is bringing back the cult sci-fi show for a six-episode "event series". David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their iconic roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, with Carter returning as executive producer. Shooting is due to start this summer (2015) but further details about the event series have yet to be announced.

"It'll be honest to the characters, and what happened to them since the series ended and the second movie," Carter promised in an interview with The Daily Beast. Continuing, Carter revealed that the event series has "no scripts yet" but he and the creative team have a "clear idea" of what they want to achieve. "I know what I want to do, how I want it to lay out - the balance of mythology to stand-alone episodes," he explained. "Even though none of us have had contracts, I've only had one since yesterday, the people that are going to be involved have been talking since the beginning of the year, so we have a clear idea of how this should be, or the best way we think this should be laid out."

The cult sci-fi show originally aired on Fox for nine seasons between 1993 and 2002 and also spawned a pair of spin-off films, released in 1998 and 2008. Fox first revealed in January that it was having "conversations" about reviving the much-loved series. Asked whether the event series could lead to a third X-Files spin-off film, Carter replied: "I think… First things first, we just want to do six great episodes. We're all primed to do that, there are great stories to tell, and now it's just distilling it down to telling the best stories possible in the time we have."

Since they only have a run of six episodes to play with, I'm hoping it's just maximum Scully and Mulder, exploring dark rooms with torches (LED ones of course, to stay current :laugh:) and chasing people through the woods.

Bring back the Lone Gunmen too!