Bellazon

The Weeknd
Thumbnail

katchitup

insanely good :heart:

Abel Tesfaye (born February 16, 1990), known by his stage name The Weeknd (pronounced 'The Weekend'), is a Canadian R&B[1]singersongwriter and record producer. In late 2010, Tesfaye anonymously uploaded several songs to YouTube under the name "The Weeknd". He released three nine-track mixtapes throughout 2011: House of BalloonsThursday and Echoes of Silence, which were critically acclaimed.[2] The following year, he released a compilation album Trilogy, consisting of remastered versions of the mixtape material and three additional songs. It was released under Republic Records and his own label XO. In 2013, he released his debut studio album Kiss Land, which was supported by the singles "Kiss Land" and "Live For".

The Weeknd has received praise from several music publications, including Pitchfork,[3] MTV,[4] BET,[5] Rolling Stone,[6] XXL[7] andThe Source.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weeknd

7383b00b4d088786509bf167da4ef5df.jpg The-Weeknd-1.png 

• 4 weeks later...

FYI. There was just a commercial on TV for his "Beauty Behind the Madness" album with the Face song.

It wasn't this was it? 

This is a teaser for his albulm but doesn't feature "Can't Feel My Face" on the commercial :)

Maybe some of you will laugh but I didn't know him before his "50 Shades of Grey" song to be honest ... he has a great voice :)

I didn't know about him until the Ariana Grande song "Love Me Harder" :p Then the Earned it made me take a closer look and well now he's one of my favorite, if not, my favorite artist right now :hehe:

-----

Tonight he'll be performing his new song "Prisoner" with Lana Del Rey at the VMAs :hehe: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw The Weeknd in concert last night........HE WAS AMAZING!  I had really high expectations and he exceeded them 10 fold. He sounded EXACTLY like his tracks, somehow better?! (He was definitely not lipsyncing and it wasn't a special mic or anything). There was like a 20 seconds between some songs but otherwise he was singing for almost 2 hours straight (it was a long show! :dance: Loved that. ) And he didn't sound out of breath or anything. The set and the lights and graphics were super sweet, cool as hell, with bomb ass lights and fucking fire.. The people who played guitar and drums were awesome too, I wonder if they will join him on the show. Everyone screamed for an encore and he came out and did another song :D

Just so ya'll know. :D He is going to be the best thing about the VSFS this year FOR SURE :rofl:

And if you ever get a chance to see the Weeknd in concert DO IT. The amount of talent he had was incredible, one of the best live singers I've ever heard, and the best concert I've ever seen ever. :dance:

• 2 months later...

Everytime a song comes on a pop radio station here someone HAS to point the fact that a Canadian made the music. :idk: 

Like we live in Canada we already know.

Except me who found out from my sister and then when I was out somewhere they had a pop station on and I heard a song and they said it to. :clobber:

PS: I don't listen to Pop but everywhere I go someone brings it up if they listen to pop

On 1/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, Limerlight said:

Everytime a song comes on a pop radio station here someone HAS to point the fact that a Canadian made the music. :idk: 

Like we live in Canada we already know.

Except me who found out from my sister and then when I was out somewhere they had a pop station on and I heard a song and they said it to. :clobber:

PS: I don't listen to Pop but everywhere I go someone brings it up if they listen to pop

It's worse if you talk to anyone from Toronto. :rofl: They gotta bring up that Drake and Abel are THEIRS and no one else's.  They're extra special Canadians because they're from the 6! 

Have to second Katchy though. Saw him in concert and he was amazing. His voice was perfect, and his stage show was really impressive.