Bellazon

Marvel's Jessica Jones

Michael*

Just finished the first episode. It seemed to take a while to get going, but I really liked the tone. Ritter is nailing the character and Luke Cage looks like he just stepped off the page, in a good way. They've made Kilgrave menacing too, even though Tennant hasn't even shown up yet. Great stuff. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/12/2015 at 1:40 PM, Michael* said:

Just finished the first episode. It seemed to take a while to get going, but I really liked the tone. Ritter is nailing the character and Luke Cage looks like he just stepped off the page, in a good way. They've made Kilgrave menacing too, even though Tennant hasn't even shown up yet. Great stuff. :yes:

Hey did you finish the series yet? Krysten Ritter is an amazing actress I watched her in Breaking Bad too. I love Luke's story

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2015 at 4:40 AM, JJMarvel said:

Hey did you finish the series yet? Krysten Ritter is an amazing actress I watched her in Breaking Bad too. I love Luke's story

I thought it was really good. It was more dense than Daredevil which, while also excellent, takes more of a 'by the book' approach to superhero action. This brought some real issues to the fore, and I liked the fact that the questions and the grey areas of complex morality arose from the plot in more of a natural way, instead of being grafted onto it. :yes:

Slightly mixed feelings on Kilgrave though, I somehow felt that the more I saw of him, the less effective he became as the villain. During the first half of the season, he was probably only onscreen for about a quarter of an hour in total, and came off as legitimately terrifying.

15 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

^Did you call the number?

I wonder if it means anything or is an easter egg?

Not sure if it's going to mean much in the grand scheme of things, but the phone number is certainly real enough. This is the voicemail message you hear if you ring it. :laugh:

• 7 months later...

Some new character breakdowns have surfaced for JJ S2. If the current speculation is on the mark, the last breakdown might be the most interesting, as it's theorised that Ingrid could perhaps be Typhoid Mary.

• Dr. Kirby: 60’s, male, open ethnicity, scientist, free thinker – Series regular for 1 season
    • Presley: Late 30’s, male, African American, intelligent, driven, self-assured – Fractional series regular
    • Oliver: 34-38, male, Latino, artistic, paternal, smart, scruffy and hip – Series regular
    • Ingrid: Early-mid 30’s, 5’8-5’11, female, dark hair, attractive and edgy, has a history of living on the streets. Educated as a nurse, but streetwise. She is attracted to both men and women – Series regular

On 13/4/2017 at 3:08 PM, Michael* said:

Some new character breakdowns have surfaced for JJ S2. If the current speculation is on the mark, the last breakdown might be the most interesting, as it's theorised that Ingrid could perhaps be Typhoid Mary.

isn't she a character from Daredevil tho?

On 4/19/2017 at 12:38 AM, peroxideblonde said:

isn't she a character from Daredevil tho?

Yeah, she's usually associated with either Daredevil or Deadpool, but arguably Jessica's only notable enemy in the books is Kilgrave, and of course, they already went there. Plus, some of Mary's origins would be a great fit for a Jessica Jones arc.

4 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Oh those characters have me excited. I can't wait to see who the end up casting. 

I guess it's an irrelevance now since he was cast in the next Thor movie, but I can't help thinking of Jeff Goldblum for the first one. :hehe:

On 4/19/2017 at 3:06 AM, toodarnhot said:

^ That would be a fun casting! This would probably never happen, but Eva Green would suit the Typhoid Mary casting perfectly in my mind. 

Oh, how I'd love to see that. :heart:

Were they to ever go there, Eva would actually be my ultimate pick for the part of Mistress Death, but honestly, I'd put anything that brought her into the MCU down as a winner.

Heads up, Jessica Jones's production might get hurt by a potential writer's strike in Hollywood

Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Netflix is not signatory to the WGA, yet follows in step with the major studios on its rules and regulations. Jessica Jones season 2 begins filming in May. Luke Cage season 2 is likewise set to get underway in June, so both could get hit. Superhero team-up miniseries The Defenders has thankfully already wrapped.

5 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Heads up, Jessica Jones's production might get hurt by a potential writer's strike in Hollywood

I could handle the second season being delayed, but it would be a real shame if it was derailed in the way that something like Heroes allegedly was back in the day. Although I often wondered to what degree the strike actually impacted that show, and how much of it was put down as a common excuse to justify substandard writing and plotting. :unsure:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...