Bellazon

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt plus its Expansions

Cult Icon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, Enrico_sw said:

This was a great quest. The first great quest of the game.

I think it's a fan favorite, that and Hearts of Stone are often talked about.  The design of the whole area is immersive too.  When I first saw this quest I realized that this game was something special.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Farewell of the White Wolf is a Triumph!

(147) Farewell Of The White Wolf [The Witcher 2 MOD] - YouTube

This is the fan translation of "Something ends, Something begins", which is referenced at the end of W3 and is the inspiration behind this fan made expansion.  Sapkowski is on record for saying that it isn't canon and was made for fun but the short story reveals his ideas behind a Geralt-Yenn wedding.

Something Ends, Something Begins (unofficial translation) | Witcher Wiki | Fandom

This must have inspired the Ciri-Witcher ending option in W3, they even named one of the chapters in the game "Something ends, Something begins": 

"I know what you think," she said slowly. "You think I'm running away. And you're right."

He was silent. He knew that.

"Finally, after all these years, you're getting married - Yen and you. You deserve happiness and peace. A home. But that scares me, Geralt. That's why... I'm running away."

He was silent. He remembered his own escapes.

"I'll get going right after the feast," Ciri repeated. "I want... I want to feel the wind in my face on the back of a galloping horse again. I want to see the stars on the horizon again, I want to whistle Dandelion's ballads at night. I'm longing for a fight, the dance with a sword, I'm longing for the risk, for the delight victory brings me. And I'm longing for solitude. Do you understand me?"
"Of course," he smiled sadly. "Of course I understand you, Ciri. You're my daughter, you're a witcher. You'll do what you must. But I must tell you one thing. One thing. You can't run away forever, even though you'll always try."
"I know," she replied and cuddled herself closer to him. "I still have hope that one day... If I wait, if I'm patient, then I, too, perhaps will live such a beautiful day like this... Such a nice day... Even though..."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...