Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

17 hours ago, jj3 said:

Mangala won't play a lot, Deschamps will use Rami, he used him during the last two friendly game, so, it will stay like this, almost sure ! 

Do you think Dimitri Payet will get a game? Speaking from a very English perspective of course, but there were times last season when his skills were almost unmatched in the Premier League. His free kicks were breathtaking too, like something from a bygone era. That could be such a huge weapon.

^ Yeah definitely ! I'm almost sure he will start the opening, or else it could be a pretty big surprise. I think he impressed the public and the experts during the last serie of frieldly games. Pogba is good for free kicks too, but not in the same side, so, this could be a strong point for him, i mean, another one, he seems really in shape right now ! 

What do you think about the English team ? You feel it well ? 

23 hours ago, jj3 said:

^ Yeah definitely ! I'm almost sure he will start the opening, or else it could be a pretty big surprise. I think he impressed the public and the experts during the last serie of frieldly games. Pogba is good for free kicks too, but not in the same side, so, this could be a strong point for him, i mean, another one, he seems really in shape right now ! 

What do you think about the English team ? You feel it well ? 

Hopefully Pogba, Matuidi, Payet, Kante and Griezmann all start. That would be as dynamic as any set-up in Europe. :yes:

I think England have a squad with excellent potential and a good mix of international experience and club form this year. The problem is that we still don't really know the starting line-up or the tactics, which, given how close we are to the start of such a huge tournament, is a bit of a worry. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting Hodgson to make up another nonsensical formation as an excuse to squeeze in the so-called 'essential' players. Kane and Vardy to both start, but too far away from each other on the pitch. Alli out of position because we're too scared to drop Rooney, and Milner to fill in the gaps because he never looks noticeably better or worse, no matter where we put him. My best guess is that we edge out Russia and Slovakia in the group games before being found out in the knockout rounds. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Frederick said:

I'm glad the bean counting dweeb patrol over at ITV have seen sense and restored Andy Townsend to the co-comm top table. A trusted voice in a sea of shysters! 

The Beeb seem to be playing it safer than ever this year, but ITV's squad has a surprisingly leftfield look to it. The prospect of putting Lothar Matthaus, Tony Pulis and Eni Aluko in the same room at the same time must surely be some kind of threat to the space-time continuum.

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

I think England have a squad with excellent potential and a good mix of international experience and club form this year. The problem is that we still don't really know the starting line-up or the tactics, which, given how close we are to the start of such a huge tournament, is a bit of a worry. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting Hodgson to make up another nonsensical formation as an excuse to squeeze in the so-called 'essential' players. Kane and Vardy to both start, but too far away from each other on the pitch. Alli out of position because we're too scared to drop Rooney, and Milner to fill in the gaps because he never looks noticeably better or worse, no matter where we put him. My best guess is that we edge out Russia and Slovakia in the group games before being found out in the knockout rounds. :mellow:

Engand will start with a big game directly, so, let's see what happen now. If they win, they will already qualified for the 1/8 :D 

52 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Engand will start with a big game directly, so, let's see what happen now. If they win, they will already qualified for the 1/8 :D 

Yeah, I think making a good start is going to be imperative for us. If we don't, then the Wales game suddenly becomes a high-pressure situation. Not too sure about most of the Russian players, although they seem quite functional. I remember their team at Euro 2008 being really exciting, but in more recent tournaments, they've been undone mostly by their own lack of pace and ambition. Having two central defenders in their mid-thirties could be a problem for them, too.

We'll find out soon enough. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

The hooligans are out in full force in Marseille. They have police around the port area surrounding the hooligans. The Marseille police just brought in a paddy wagon the size of a bus. :rofl:

Take care man, you should go in the fan zone if you wanna watch the game of tonight :D Allez les bleus ! 

40 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Take care man, you should go in the fan zone if you wanna watch the game of tonight :D Allez les bleus ! 

Thanks. :thumbs_up:

If I wasn't severely jet lagged, I would do that. I'm having trouble staying awake because I've been up for around 36 straight hours. 

A bit harsh on Romania perhaps, they probably surprised a few people tonight. I can still see France making it to the final, a hard-fought win in the opening match is quite often the hallmark of real contenders and it gives them something to build on. Plus, when you have a player like Payet who can bust out a goal of such majestic quality, you've always got a chance.

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

With all of our defensive woes, I expect this to be a pretty poor tournament for us.

I'm given to understand that Wilmots is dead set against playing Vertonghen and Alderweireld in their club positions, which seems like a bit of a head-scratcher. Particularly after they enjoyed such a superb season as a centre-back partnership.