Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

They had to use tear gas on the hooligans last night. :laugh: I heard the English fans still chanting when I went to bed.

Remember all those tournaments when sections of England's travelling support didn't act like idiots? Me neither, unfortunately.

Anyway, stay safe my friend. Hope you enjoy tonight's game. :heythere:

Wasn't overly excited about Albania-Switzerland, at least not compared to today's other games, but now I'm quite looking forward to it. The intriguing subplot involving the brothers Xhaka goes a long way to boosting the curiosity factor.

13 hours ago, Michael* said:

I'm given to understand that Wilmots is dead set against playing Vertonghen and Alderweireld in their club positions, which seems like a bit of a head-scratcher. Particularly after they enjoyed such a superb season as a centre-back partnership.

Yeah. He is also probably going to start Fellaini at the n°10, in spite of having Kevin De Bruyne on the squad.

14 hours ago, Michael* said:

A bit harsh on Romania perhaps, they probably surprised a few people tonight. I can still see France making it to the final, a hard-fought win in the opening match is quite often the hallmark of real contenders and it gives them something to build on. Plus, when you have a player like Payet who can bust out a goal of such majestic quality, you've always got a chance.

Seeing ALB - SWI, i definitely think Romania will finish 2nd of this group. This victory from yesterday is a very good operation for France, they're almost already qualified. We have to be in the first 3 in the group to go in 1/8, i can't imagine we could not even do a draw vs Albania ...

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

Remember all those tournaments when sections of England's travelling support didn't act like idiots? Me neither, unfortunately.

Anyway, stay safe my friend. Hope you enjoy tonight's game. :heythere:

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

44 minutes ago, jj3 said:

And go at the stadium early ! :D 

Will do. :thumbs_up:

On 11/06/2016 at 11:35 PM, Stromboli1 said:

@jj3 & @Michael*

I really thought a bomb went off in the Velodrome. Did you guys hear that?

Yeah, I'd noticed that the Russian fans had started setting off some of their pyros, but there was one in particular that sounded very loud, at least on television. Quite a scary moment. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

That was a really fun match despite the idiocy after the match.

A harsh lesson for England there. You could sense complacency setting in towards the end, and a mistake or a lapse in concentration almost felt like an inevitability. In fairness, they looked decent for the majority of the game, but a really good side would have turned their dominance into a comfortable lead.

What came afterwards was shocking in the extreme. This is fast becoming a serious issue for UEFA.

10 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Yeah. He is also probably going to start Fellaini at the n°10, in spite of having Kevin De Bruyne on the squad.

That would be another strange one. In general I quite like Fellaini, but he seems to disrupt Belgium's play more often than not, even in games where he chips in with a goal or two. Do you think Carrasco will get a chance? He's really shown his talent for Atletico as of late, although I'm not sure if I'd consider him a reliable 90-minute performer just yet.