Bellazon

Guitar Masters

Stormbringer

• 2 weeks later...

From one guitar master to another: Joe Satriani on George Harrison:

The most underrated guitarist in history? 

“George Harrison, without a doubt. Just think about this, here’s a young kid at the start of a movement. Not someone who ever thought he’d be a virtuoso on the instrument, he was an all-round musician, and he was destined to write two of the most popular Beatles songs of all time, ‘Something’ and ‘Here Comes the Sun.’ His guitar playing just got better and better, right up to his untimely death…

“I want to shout this, I want to put this in capital letters—HE WAS ALWAYS, ALWAYS MUSICAL! Most people can get good physically on the guitar, it’s not really that hard, but to be musical? That’s the real trick. There are a thousand other guitar players that could play rings around George, but what have they played that you really keep in your heart?”

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news-interviews/joe-satriani-names-most-underrated-guitarist—plus-five-personal-revelations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, F 4 5 H U N said:

Thanks @Stormbringer for Vai. The isolated track sounds surreal. Here's Priest's new guitarist Richie Faulkner with a Gibson LP and Zakk Wylde with an Epiphone playing over the same backing track.

You're welcome!

And thanks for those! 

Faulkner seems to have a much better technique than Downing, but Judas Priest isn't the same without K.K.... Fortunately I had the chance to see them live before he left.

I liked how different is the stuff each comes up with over the same backing track! Even though Faulkner seems to have a more refined technique than Zakk, I think I liked a bit more what Wylde played. Both great anyway :chicken: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...