Bellazon

Wonder Woman (2017)

PinkCouture

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I like their use of the lasso as a weapon, some of the stuff in the trailer looks like it was borrowed from things they did in the animated universe before.

tenodr.gif

Are you well versed in DC's animated universe? I'm not really familiar with a lot of it, but I wouldn't mind changing that. :hehe:

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's funny that they seem so afraid of this whilst Luc Besson more or less made that movie with "Lucy" and it did very well at the box office.

Add that to the fact that Scarjo was recently named one of Hollywood’s highest grossing actors of all time and the very highest grossing actor of 2016, and pretty much any argument against it starts looking decidedly ramshackle.

They even had a ready made premise after the whole "T'Challa told Ross what you did" thing in Civil War, but still wouldn't bite the bullet. :no:

4 hours ago, Michael* said:

Are you well versed in DC's animated universe? I'm not really familiar with a lot of it, but I wouldn't mind changing that. :hehe:

If you are talking about their standalone animated movie universe, I think I have seen most of them.

If you are talking about the longer-running series, I have only seen the original Bruce Timm Batman series (still one of the greatest TV shows of all time imho) and the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

17 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If you are talking about their standalone animated movie universe, I think I have seen most of them.

If you are talking about the longer-running series, I have only seen the original Bruce Timm Batman series (still one of the greatest TV shows of all time imho) and the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

Sorry, I should have clarified there that I was mainly thinking in terms of the standalone movies. The old Justice League Unlimited and Batman animated series (along with the X-Men and Spider-Man ones) were essentially my jumping off points for getting into comic books back in the day, but I remain a bit of a novice when it comes to the movie universe. I'd still like to try and see more, but even now, the sheer amount of stuff out there makes my head spin. :laugh:

21 hours ago, Michael* said:

Sorry, I should have clarified there that I was mainly thinking in terms of the standalone movies. The old Justice League Unlimited and Batman animated series (along with the X-Men and Spider-Man ones) were essentially my jumping off points for getting into comic books back in the day, but I remain a bit of a novice when it comes to the movie universe. I'd still like to try and see more, but even now, the sheer amount of stuff out there makes my head spin. :laugh:

Well some of the recent ones are quite good.

Though many of these films do have narrative threads that continue throughout several films (e.g. Damian Wayne's story is a part of both "The Son of Batman" trilogy as well as the subsequent two "Teen Titans" films). The Teen Titans might be a good place to start. "Justice League vs. Teen Titans" and then the more recent sequel, "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract".

Also another recent one "Justice League Dark" is quite good, if you like the magic wielders of the D.C. universe.

even though i dont like most DC films, i really want this movie to succeed because we need more movies about female superheroes

it seems like most opinions from january-april were completely wrong about the movie being another DC mess, because most of the reviews from people that are seeing the movie now are saying that the movie was amazing, and right now it has a 94% score in rotten tomatoes (which i think is the most a DC film has ever received).

there are very few negative reviews and most of them are from misogynistic dudebros and people who wanted her to stay as a second character in DC movies (leaving the leading role to either Batman or Superman), so they obviously did something right.

a female superhero movie directed by a woman......it really is the beginning of something!

1 hour ago, apocalypsian said:

it seems like most opinions from january-april were completely wrong about the movie being another DC mess, because most of the reviews from people that are seeing the movie now are saying that the movie was amazing, and right now it has a 94% score in rotten tomatoes (which i think is the most a DC film has ever received).

It's by far the highest of the DC Extended Universe movies, which is the best way to compare it.

I think that's near one or more of the Dark Knight movies, but that's different because those movies were made by a different group of people and it was before the DC Extended Universe.

1 hour ago, apocalypsian said:

a female superhero movie directed by a woman......it really is the beginning of something!

We can only hope.

On 5/27/2017 at 11:22 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well some of the recent ones are quite good.

Though many of these films do have narrative threads that continue throughout several films (e.g. Damian Wayne's story is a part of both "The Son of Batman" trilogy as well as the subsequent two "Teen Titans" films). The Teen Titans might be a good place to start. "Justice League vs. Teen Titans" and then the more recent sequel, "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract".

Also another recent one "Justice League Dark" is quite good, if you like the magic wielders of the D.C. universe.

I am quite partial to the aliens and magic aspect of DC's output, and honestly, the very fact that it features some relatively obscure superheroes and supervillains who rarely get the spotlight is in itself a bit of a draw too. Constantine, when not played by Keanu Reeves, is such a great character. :yes:

On 5/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, PinkCouture said:

On 5/28/2017 at 6:01 PM, jkjk said:

^^You rarely have to look very hard to find someone wanting to be upset or offended, and too frequently it's offense over something less than minor.

My favourite thing about that was the supposed effort to organise male-only screenings of Last Jedi in December.

The person leading that effort? The guy who led the campaign against Rogue One last December because of its supposed feminist agenda. So in short, his master plan for protesting the feminist agenda of one movie basically amounts to seeing another movie from a franchise that he's also criticised for having a feminist agenda. You really can't make this stuff up. :rofl:

On 6/1/2017 at 1:59 AM, apocalypsian said:

there are very few negative reviews and most of them are from misogynistic dudebros and people who wanted her to stay as a second character in DC movies (leaving the leading role to either Batman or Superman), so they obviously did something right.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many people online call Diana a 'Mary Sue' without even the slightest hint of irony. :rofl:

On 6/1/2017 at 3:59 AM, Cult Icon said:

They need to get Robyn Lawrey, Hilary Rhoda, Constance J, and other amazonian beauties for the sequel!

If reports are to be believed, you do get to see Doutzen Kroes stab a guy in this one. Can't comment on her acting abilities just yet, though. :laugh:

On 6/2/2017 at 0:36 PM, Michael* said:

If reports are to be believed, you do get to see Doutzen Kroes stab a guy in this one. Can't comment on her acting abilities just yet, though. :laugh:

I think I saw that, too.  Sasha Luss IIRC was also in it as an extra.

Some other good amazons:

Natie Roser 

Natalie+Roser+by+Alessandra+Fiorini+4.jpg

19 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I think I saw that, too.  Sasha Luss IIRC was also in it as an extra.

I remember reading about a year ago that Sasha had landed a modest role in Valerian, the new sci-fi film from Luc Besson, but it's certainly news to me that she was in Wonder Woman as well. Another reason to see it on the big screen. :hehe:

After trawling around Doutzen's topic for a bit, I found a few publicity shots. She sure does look the part. :yes: