Bellazon

ILUVAdrianaLima

23 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I heard it was algae overgrowth. They either didn't put or put enoughof  the treatment solution initially.  

That doesn't sound very good at all. I suppose you have to wonder if it would still have happened had there been a roof over it, I don't know if an open-air pool was a wise choice in a tropical climate. :no:

On the plus side of course, sitting right alongside the blue swimming pool, it really matches the Rio 2016 branding. I personally would have been tempted to claim it was deliberate. :rofl:

49 minutes ago, Limerlight said:

Canada's better then everyone at female trampoline. 

:idk: 

Damn you Canada, that was the one Great Britain really wanted! :goose-wft:

In all honesty though, despite not knowing beforehand that trampolining was in the Olympics, I couldn't help getting a lump in my throat watching a young woman I'd never heard of crying buckets after winning a silver medal she never expected.

On 8/11/2016 at 2:25 PM, PinkCouture said:

I heard it was algae overgrowth. They either didn't put or put enough of the treatment solution initially.  

@Michael*

We Finally Know Why The Olympic Competition Pools Turned Green

Rio Olympics officials said they have finally solved the mystery of why the waters in two competition pools turned emerald green this week.

After days of leaving officials and spectators bewildered — and kind of grossed out — officials said Saturday a contractor had mistakenly dumped 160 liters of hydrogen peroxide into the water. The hydrogen peroxide then had an adverse reaction with the chlorine in the water, neutralizing the chlorine and allowing “organic compounds” to grow, including algae. Saturday’s announcement came after spectators around the world watched for days as the waters of an Olympic diving pool turned dark green, contrasting sharply with a blue pool right next to it.

“Of course it is an embarrassment because we are hosting the Olympic Games,” Mario Andrada, spokesman for the Games, said during a press conference, the Associated Press reported. “We could have done better in fixing it quickly. We learned a painful lesson the hard way.”

Despite finding an answer to the water’s color, Olympic officials said they would not be able to clean the water quickly, and will begin draining the pool on Saturday, transferring nearly 1 million gallons from another nearby pool. The draining and transfer is expected to take 10 hours, but officials said they hoped to have it ready for the synchronized swimming competition.

Athletes have complained about the murkiness of the green waters, and some said their eyes hurt after using the pool. Andrada said the green water did not pose a health risk to the athletes.

buzzfeed.com

For some reason I am not surprised this would happen to him :cain: ...

Ryan Lochte robbed at gunpoint in Rio

RIO DE JANEIRO — Ryan Lochte and three other U.S. swimmers were held up at gunpoint early Sunday morning. Lochte described the incident to NBC on Sunday afternoon.

"We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over," Lochte said. "They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground. "And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,' and I put my hands up, I was like 'whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials."

His mother Ileana Lochte confirmed the robbery to USA TODAY Sports on Sunday morning. “I think they’re all shaken up. There were a few of them,” Ileana Lochte said. “No, they were just, they just took their wallets and basically that was it.” Patrick Sandusky, spokesman for the U.S. Olympic Committee, released a statement with details of the incident, although an International Olympic Committee spokesman initially called reports of the incident "absolutely not true."

“According to four members of the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team (Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, Jimmy Feigen and Ryan Lochte), they left France House early Sunday morning in a taxi headed for the Olympic Village," Sandusky said in a statement released Sunday afternoon. "Their taxi was stopped by individuals posing as armed police officers who demanded the athletes’ money and other personal belongings. All four athletes are safe and cooperating with authorities.” Civil Police in Rio released a statement that said it was investigating a robbery of U.S. swimmers.

At a news conference later Sunday, American swimmers said they’ve felt safe throughout their stay in Rio so far. “Every time I travel internationally obviously we always make sure things are very secure, no matter where I’m going,” said Michael Phelps, 28-time Olympic medalist and one of the most high-profile athletes here. “I have a team personally who are always looking out for everything. USOC and USA Swimming are always making sure we’re as protected as we can be. “I’ve been to Brazil multiple times. I’ve felt very safe every time I’ve been here.”

Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian said the robbery will not affect the way he approaches safety or his post-competition time here. “Rio is an amazing city,” Adrian said. “There are going to be problems anywhere you go. We have been briefed about how to mitigate those risks as well as possible. The thing is, we just came off an amazing performance and I think all of us are ready to enjoy that a little bit after a long time of working really hard."

Lochte, a 12-time Olympic medalist, won one gold medal here in Rio as part of the 4x200 freestyle relay. He has been done competing in the Games since Thursday, and the Olympic swimming competition ended Saturday night. As news spread of the incident early Sunday, athletes expressed relief that their teammates are safe. "As a team we do stay together and always watch out for one another," Phelps said.

usatoday.com

@PinkCouture

Apparently, they've refilled the water polo pool with water from the practice pool in readiness for the aforementioned syncronised swimming event, so the swimmers can see and be seen. It's looking distinctly blue again this morning. :laugh:

I couldn't help noticing last night that the tennis court looks similarly unfinished. :no:

Just now, Sanni said:

@PinkCouture What’s the deal with Ryan Lochte? Apparently he lied about getting robbed at gunpoint.

Totally NOT surprised :rofl:  TBH I was initially skeptical about what happened b/c 1) The way he was describing the incident sounded very questionable and shady. 2) He is a shady guy to start with who is quite a douchey attention whore (watch his reality show. Enough said) :cain: 

From what I heard it was a cover up for bad behavior. Ryan and a few other swimmers were wasted so they started acting like assholes. They were wreaking havoc and publicly urinating at some gas station on their way back to the Village from boozing. There was some altercation between the swimmers and gas station employee. The employee pulled a gun on them but never pulled the tigger nor did he/she rob them. Someone called the cops, they show up, broke-up the altercation, and charges were dropped. Then the next day or so the swimmer came up with the lame story I originally posted :cain: 

I didn’t know anything about his personality, he doesn’t seem like a douche in the pool. :D But that story makes him look like the biggest douchebag even among his douchey teammates because he tried to make himself out to be the badass who stood up to the armed robbers while the other guys laid on the ground and it wasn’t until a gun was put to his head and the safety was pulled that he said, “Whatever” and gave up his wallet.

What a delusional egoist! XD He has clearly been worshipped and his ego fluffed all his life by his family, friends and everyone else simply because of his athleticism and looks.

This totally destroys his reputation in my eyes. He is willing to lie about something like this so what else would he do to make himself look good? Doping?

@Sanni I just found out where the part of them being robbed came from!! The swimmers had to pay for the damages they caused at the gas station. To explain where their money went they lied about being robbed :rofl: 

His reality show was called "What Would Ryan Lochte Do?" and it only lasted one season. The show did not show him or his mom in a positive light. His mom totally encourages his bad, dumbass behaviors! Also, on the show there was this chick he was digging and he was pretty much an asshole to her. It was obvious he was using her for sex. Wish they had a clip of it on YT! :pinch: 

25 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

To explain where their money went they lied about being robbed :rofl: 

So dumb! Did they have to ask the coaches for money or something like that?

Ugh, arrested development based on those videos! I guess it comes from never having been required to do more than sports and getting all the adulation and hanger-ons flocking to him.

But the second video made me laugh :rofl: