Bellazon

Assassin's Creed

Shepherd

On 12/20/2016 at 2:22 AM, Michael* said:

It's currently at a measly 17% on RT. I had a vain hope that this could be the video game movie to break the cycle. I might just give it a miss. :no:

The games are basically movies anyway lol.  They're great watches on youtube.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:48 AM, Cult Icon said:

The games are basically movies anyway lol.  They're great watches on youtube.

Yeah, for me, Black Flag had the best story of the series, mainly because some of the sillier Dan Brown-esque elements took a back seat and the game told a fun tale while still managing to weave in a bit of intrigue. :hehe:

In general, I always found the detailed historical settings a lot more interesting than the half-baked Animus stuff. Obviously, when you play the games it's easier to forget about that and concentrate on the important aspects of running around the rooftops, sword fighting and shoving annoying minstrels into canals. Unfortunately though, none of that stuff will save a movie from a poor plot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2016 at 8:47 AM, Michael* said:

Yeah, for me, Black Flag had the best story of the series, mainly because some of the sillier Dan Brown-esque elements took a back seat and the game told a fun tale while still managing to weave in a bit of intrigue. :hehe:

In general, I always found the detailed historical settings a lot more interesting than the half-baked Animus stuff. Obviously, when you play the games it's easier to forget about that and concentrate on the important aspects of running around the rooftops, sword fighting and shoving annoying minstrels into canals. Unfortunately though, none of that stuff will save a movie from a poor plot.

I left this on and this guy's analysis of the movie is hilarious.  It makes me curious about what's inside the movie; going to d/l it 

• 7 months later...