Bellazon

Hey

Smarf

Longtime lurker finally making an account. What do people usually say in these threads? 

I've been visiting this site for the last year or so after learning about it from some other website I bet. I'm a guy, Candice Swanepoel has been my favorite model ever since around 2009, and I was able to meet her at a VS event a few years ago which was honestly the most nervous I've ever been in my life.

Just hoping to chime in and add my comments to any threads that seem interesting!

14 hours ago, *Luna* said:

What was Candice like when you met her?

I kind of wish it had gone a bit better!

I was at the mall, walked by the VS store, and saw her handing around near the entrance looking at merchandise. I was kind of in disbelief. I got online and it turns out they were doing a signing an hour later, but in order to meet her you had to buy some $75 perfume.

The line was long and full of teenage girls and guys. Security was all over the place and specifically told us not to take photos or touch her. I chatted up the security guard and he said they had a problem recently where one of the Angel's ex boyfriends made a huge scene at a signing. Later on I saw a girl stick her arm out to shake Candice's hand, she looked reluctant, but went ahead and shook anyways.

I remember getting more nervous than any other time in my life. She said hi, asked my name, and who I was shopping for (had the perfume bag in my hand). I thought about saying I was only there to meet her, but ended up saying my wife, and that my wife is a big fan of her. It was difficult to not feel panicked. Asked her to add my wife's name to the headshot of her and she seemed confused. I don't remember her ever actually looking up from the table, but I'm sure she did.

Overall, I got the vibe that she didn't want to be there, which I totally understand. Still, I remember leaving with a big smile after having met what I personally think is the most attractive woman on earth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...