Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

Okay where is this collective MJ hate coming from? What are the things that make her so horrible to everyone here?

1 hour ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

She's turning SI into a Weight Watchers issues :dry:

IMG_0138.thumb.JPG.54508cab5068e4773a6622666b7c2db2.JPG

To quote (with a few small things taken out) he or she who will not be named

Hate hate hate the 'beauty transcends body type' new-age ethos too that MJ and crew are imposing on a 50-year successful institution. Goddamn it, SI used to be about worshipping a (beautiful)  woman's body as an ideal of perfection, however unattainable it was/is - Elle, Christy B., Kathy I, Kate U all had it, and we all wanted it.  Now we have Chrissy's post partum stretch marks, Nina's chin, Ashley's flabby rolls and thighs and Myla's sagging water balloons. Zero expression or charisma accept so far by Vita and Rose--the rest seem to be on an IV drip of fentanyl.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this entire lets put "plus size" gals in the magazine seems like yet another money grab, a gimmick to make us regular shaped people feel a little better about themselves which can translate to more women and men who might be a little larger buying the magazine. The issue of hiring girls like Mia Kang is a whole other ball of shit I just don't want to touch... @ILUVAdrianaLima does though :rofl: 

In closing

SI used to be about worshipping a (beautiful) woman's body as an ideal of perfection, however unattainable it was/is.

14 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

In closing

SI used to be about worshipping a (beautiful) woman's body as an ideal of perfection, however unattainable it was/is.

^ THIS!

The magazine has lost its luster! This idea that "anyone can be a SI model" is complete BS. This issue should and needs standards rather then forcing very unpleasant shapes to an institution that prized a look of health, vitality, and more to the point...those sexy figures we all have come to know before MJ and her team completely collapsed it. 

4 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ THIS!

The magazine has lost its luster! This idea that "anyone can be a SI model" is complete BS. This issue should and needs standards rather then forcing very unpleasant shapes to an institution that prized a look of health, vitality, and more to the point...those sexy figures we all have come to know before MJ and her team completely collapsed it. 

I dunno... SI has always included other people than just models in the Swimsuit Issue: athletes, cheerleaders, WAGs, reality TV contestants etc.

1 minute ago, Sanni said:

I dunno... SI has always included other people than just models in the Swimsuit Issue: athletes, cheerleaders, WAGs, reality TV contestants etc.

My issues is with the increasing BMI index, not other choices of individuals from varying occupations.