Bellazon

Marvel's The Inhumans

peroxideblonde

On 5/20/2017 at 11:08 AM, gotportugal said:

This is going to air Fridays at 9 on ABC. Shows how much they are going for the show, 0.

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the showrunner had been told to consider this a one-off miniseries and to tell a complete story in one season. It might even be pre-emptively cancelled, so to speak, unless something unexpected happens.

It is likely that putting it on Friday means they have little or no hope for success. The one good thing about Friday is that it only takes a small consistent audience to keep a show on the air. Grimm, among other shows, have benefited from less of a need for ratings success on Fridays.

Just now, jkjk said:

It is likely that putting it on Friday means they have little or no hope for success. The one good thing about Friday is that it only takes a small dedicated audience to keep a show on the air. Grimm, among other, shows have benefited from less of a need for ratings success on Fridays.

True, but this looks more expensive. I think this is a one-off honestly.

1 minute ago, gotportugal said:

True, but this looks more expensive. I think this is a one-off honestly.

It wouldn't be surprising. They were never able to get Agent Carter going, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been dropping in ratings. Now Agents has been moved to Friday, probably just to get another year out of it for syndication, etc.

It will be interesting to see if they try something new again after the upcoming TV season, or if they give up on the network TV thing altogether.

it was filmed with IMAX digital cameras and will be premiered in IMAX cinemas..but they don't care about it? it doesn't make sense

imo it will last more than one season, i wish it was on Netflix tho but they're trash since they didn't take Agent Carter :dry:

22 hours ago, jkjk said:

It wouldn't be surprising. They were never able to get Agent Carter going, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been dropping in ratings. Now Agents has been moved to Friday, probably just to get another year out of it for syndication, etc.

It will be interesting to see if they try something new again after the upcoming TV season, or if they give up on the network TV thing altogether.

I'm surprised Agents was even renewed considering how it was almost on flop levels. It just goes to show how ABC's drama slate is at a dire state.

17 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

it was filmed with IMAX digital cameras and will be premiered in IMAX cinemas..but they don't care about it? it doesn't make sense

imo it will last more than one season, i wish it was on Netflix tho but they're trash since they didn't take Agent Carter :dry:

Do you think that with a 9pm Fridays timeslot they care? It has a Once Upon A Time lead-in (weak lead-in) which just means its audience will have to show up for it completely. It may last more than one season, but only if streaming giants show up and pay the bills

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, peroxideblonde said:

It was theorised not too long ago that Feige only agreed to make an Inhumans movie on the proviso that Captain Marvel was greenlit by the studio. In order not to use up tons of resources on something he never really had much interest in bringing to the big screen, he palmed it off onto the TV division, but struck a deal with IMAX to still allow it a theatrical release. Take that with a grain of salt of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least an element of truth to it. :unsure:

Despite being a fan of the characters, I'd swap Inhumans for a third season of Agent Carter in a heartbeat. Such a great show. :/

7 hours ago, Michael* said:

It was theorised not too long ago that Feige only agreed to make an Inhumans movie on the proviso that Captain Marvel was greenlit by the studio. In order not to use up tons of resources on something he never really had much interest in bringing to the big screen, he palmed it off onto the TV division, but struck a deal with IMAX to still allow it a theatrical release. Take that with a grain of salt of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least an element of truth to it. :unsure:

Despite being a fan of the characters, I'd swap Inhumans for a third season of Agent Carter in a heartbeat. Such a great show. :/

same! Hayley deserved better too, she was perfect as Peggys

6 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

same! Hayley deserved better too, she was perfect as Peggys

It would be very sad if we'd seen the last of Peggy in the MCU. I can’t claim to be the source for this one ether, but I saw someone suggesting her as the director of the SSR overseeing Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne as Ant-Man and Wasp. That would be fantastic. :hehe:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, gotportugal said:

This is getting bashed by every review out there. lol

For a property incorporating things that are so visually out there, it's been looking fairly lacklustre for a while. ABC's production values won't have done much to help things and I suppose I shouldn't have been too surprised by that, because as much as I like some of the stories and character work in Agents of SHIELD, it really isn't a show that demonstrates great visual language or striking aesthetics when it comes to locations, costumes, set design and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest trailer. It introduces a new version of one of the characters and hints at following a certain arc from the comics, so don't look if you don't want to know.

The reviews so far have ranged from poor to mediocre, but we'll be able to find out for ourselves soon enough.

3 hours ago, gotportugal said:

0% on Rotten Tomatoes

It seems the major complaint so far has been how pedestrian the production values are in relation to how grandiose the show wants to be. For whatever reason, ABC/Disney seems reluctant to sink major money into its TV shows. Although I suppose to be fair, a lot of superhero shows perhaps haven’t quite pulled in the kind of ratings that justify huge budgets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 9:05 PM, peroxideblonde said:

cancelled because of the critics? they can go to hell, Iron Fist is low as well and it did good

It may not be true, although I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising since the the only person at Marvel who allegedly wanted it was Perlmutter. I still think that the property could have been adapted into a decent series or perhaps even a good movie for Phase 3, but the way it's all been handled seems to have doomed it. :/

5 hours ago, Michael* said:

It may not be true, although I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising since the the only person at Marvel who allegedly wanted it was Perlmutter. I still think that the property could have been adapted into a decent series or perhaps even a good movie for Phase 3, but the way it's all been handled seems to have doomed it. :/

The handling of the Inhumans has been a little strange.

Initially, there was going to be a phase three movie, but that kept getting delayed (I would guess that may be because they couldn't get the script right). As recently as last year, Feige said there would (may?) be a phase four Inhumans movie. If the show is a failure, a movie may not be a realistic option anymore because the brand of Inhumans may be too damaged.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:21 AM, Michael* said:

If Feige never wanted to make an Inhumans movie, a failed TV show may be the perfect result for him.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:01 PM, jkjk said:

Initially, there was going to be a phase three movie, but that kept getting delayed (I would guess that may be because they couldn't get the script right). As recently as last year, Feige said there would (may?) be a phase four Inhumans movie. If the show is a failure, a movie may not be a realistic option anymore because the brand of Inhumans may be too damaged.

Yeah, I can't help wondering if it should perhaps have been put on the backburner when the movie disappeared from Marvel's calendar. As we move into Phases 3 and 4, we'll likely see some of the lesser known characters utilised more, and I'd hate for them to be wasted on unnecessary adaptations. It's not a problem if the stories they're telling are good of course, but if it reaches the point where we're getting an Inhumans for every Daredevil, it might be better to leave certain things alone for the time being and come back to them later.