Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

On 3/20/2017 at 4:12 PM, frenchkiki said:

Agree with you ^^

the anti-political correctness became a new thing to bash & insult anything and anyone.

It feels to me like we're in danger of swinging the PC pendulum too far the other way, if we haven't already. Everybody wants their turn on the soapbox, which is fine, but fewer and fewer people seem interested in actually discussing things. When questioning someone's opinion or pointing out a fact is considered an act of passive aggression, it's not an alternative to the perceived oppression we had before, it's just flipping the piety on its head and going "you can’t say that" about a whole new set of things. :/

On 3/25/2017 at 1:26 AM, gotportugal said:

I'm sorry, but if Western women can't wear their normal clothes in the Middle East, what is the sense of complaining banning burkinis on the beaches? Hipocrites.

I never could wrap my head around that whole “they wouldn't let us do it over there, so why should we let them do it over here” argument. Surely, the approach of certain Muslim-controlled states to modernisation and social tolerance is an example of what not to do, much less the one Western nations should be following. :idk:

On 20/03/2017 at 5:12 PM, frenchkiki said:

the anti-political correctness became a new thing to bash & insult anything and anyone.

Not much more than the PC Itself actually i think ... That extremism that PC is, is actually a big middle finger to many people, cultures, and etc etc ...

I think that the anti-political correctness movement is an act of resistance actually. Not an act of resistance to "#progressism" ( :D ) but to a new kind of international fascism and totalitarism. 

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

I never could wrap my head around that whole “they wouldn't let us do it over there, so why should we let them do it over here” argument. Surely, the approach of certain Muslim-controlled states to modernisation and social tolerance is an example of what not to do, much less the one Western nations should be following. :idk:

My issue with it isn't really letting them or not. Is more of them accusing (France in particular) of not letting freedom of speech or freedom in general happen. I don't really care if some Muslim woman wears a burkini, she can wear anything she wants if you ask me.

I just get really irritated when Muslims use this argument but then find it okay for some really un-freedom-like actions from their religion

15 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

:banghead: Women have been working and having their periods since the beginning and they didn't get to take time off of parenting, hunting, foraging, work or anything else because stuff still needs to be done whether you're bleeding or not.  If it's really bad you take maybe a day off, pop some Aleve, take a hot bath, put a hot pad on, and suck it the fuck up for the remainder of your period. If it's really that bad then you go see a doctor. GG for weakening the appearance of women further.

Will this actually benefit any woman? This will just make the corporate mentality like men more than women because of the bigger costs it will hold for the companies :idk: 

16 hours ago, gotportugal said:

My issue with it isn't really letting them or not. Is more of them accusing (France in particular) of not letting freedom of speech or freedom in general happen. I don't really care if some Muslim woman wears a burkini, she can wear anything she wants if you ask me.

I just get really irritated when Muslims use this argument but then find it okay for some really un-freedom-like actions from their religion

That's an interesting point. I agree, it would be quite the double standard for someone from, say, Saudi Arabia to criticise France's efforts to ban the burkini without first considering whether such a garment would even be allowed on their own beaches.

By the same token, there are a lot of people from Western nations who only purport to show an interest in women's rights when it can be used as an aid to political point scoring.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Northern Arizona University Professor Lowers Student's Grade For Using The Word 'Mankind' In Essay

A professor decreased a student's grade on a paper for using the word "mankind."

Dr. Anne Scott, an English professor at Northern Arizona University, lowered the grade of one of her students, Cailin Jeffers, for using "mankind" instead of a gender-neutral term, as reported by Campus Reform

I would be negligent, as a professor who is running a class about the human condition and the assumptions we make about being 'human,' if I did not also raise this issue of gendered language and ask my students to respect the need for gender-neutral language," said Scott. "The words we use matter very much, or else teachers would not be making an issue of this at all, and the MLA would not be making recommendations for gender-neutral language at the national level."

The English professor told Jeffers that she would allow the student to revise her paper.

"I will respect your choice to leave your diction choices 'as is' and to make whatever political and linguistic statement you want to make by doing so," wrote the professor. "By the same token, I will still need to subtract a point because your choice will not be made in the letter or spirit of this particular class, which is all about having you and other students looking beneath your assumptions and understanding that 'mankind' does not mean 'all people' to all people. It positively does not."

Z02SJtr.gif

Any day now......

Northern Arizona Dumb Bitch Lowers Student's Grade For Using The Word 'Mankind' In Essay. Not because it was miss spelled, not because it was used out of context but because the word might hurt someones feelings. What ever happened to, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." We are turning our children into a bunch of cry baby pussies.

Seriously.... any day.

Z02SJtr.gif

Swedish Man Prosecuted For Assaulting Muslims with Bacon

A Swedish man is facing charges in court after being accused of eating bacon too closely to a group of veiled Muslim women and calling them derogatory names.

The incident occurred in the Swedish capital of Stockholm over the weekend. The Swedish man, who has not been named by media or the police, is said to have approached the Muslim women who were wearing Islamic veils on a train while he was eating bacon and dangled the bacon in front of their faces, Swedish broadcaster SVT reports.

According to the report, the women got up to find seating elsewhere and the man followed them with his bacon. He is alleged to have called them derogatory names and made racist comments, though neither the police nor the court has specified what was said during the incident.

The prosecutors allege he then used racial epithets on another woman in the train station after getting off the train. He faces charges of incitement to racial hatred.

Reaction to the incident on social media has been a mix of laughter and disbelief amongst English language users. Twitter user PeterSweden tweeted his disbelief at the charges saying: "What's the next step, being racist for walking your dog?"

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

Twitter user PeterSweden tweeted his disbelief at the charges saying: "What's the next step, being racist for walking your dog?"

What an idiot. If someone followed me and called me names even after I had changed seats on a train, I would feel harassed and fear for my safety.

Funny fact : I'v posted my video in the wrong thread :rofl:

I don't even know what is PC anymore.

Last week, I have watched a video and the young girl on the video was saying that you can't use the word "retarded" anymore to call your friend like that or even yourself "for fun" because you could hurt other people with "special needs" :blink: I don't know exactly what is someone with "special needs" but the girl on the video was having dawn syndrome and not once in my life i have called someone with that syndrome "retarded". I've never called someone with a  physical or mental disability "retarded" and never will.

But I am using the word "retarded" a lot for the rest of the humanity #TrumpNumberOne

If you think YOU ARE NOT retarded why posting a video about it to say to people to not use that word? Make zero sense.

There is nothing you can't say anymore without hurting someone feelings.

6 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Funny fact : I'v posted my video in the wrong thread :rofl:

I don't even know what is PC anymore.

Last week, I have watched a video and the young girl on the video was saying that you can't use the word "retarded" anymore to call your friend like that or even yourself "for fun" because you could hurt other people with "special needs" :blink: I don't know exactly what is someone with "special needs" but the girl on the video was having dawn syndrome and not once in my life i have called someone with that syndrome "retarded". I've never called someone with a  physical or mental disability "retarded" and never will.

But I am using the word "retarded" a lot for the rest of the humanity #TrumpNumberOne

If you think YOU ARE NOT retarded why posting a video about it to say to people to not use that word? Make zero sense.

There is nothing you can't say anymore without hurting someone feelings.

This guy doesn’t want people to use that word :hehe:

Johnny Knoxville, Eddie Barbanell and the R-word

It's so damn ridiculous ^^

I think he feels that way because he certainly was, before, the kind of moron calling people like his new friend "retarded"

But now, he has a friend with a mental disability so he can't use the word retarded anymore? Says a lot about him being retarded when it comes to empathy, education & kindness.

The "R" word? :banghead: