Bellazon

Makeup Wishlist

JazzyJas2.0

Absolutely! If you have an Ulta near you, I hear great things about Tarte Shape Tape. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard so many great reviews. Depending on your price point, there are some good ones from drugstore brands, and then of course the high end ones you can actually get matched. Two I personally recommend are:

1. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer - Really creamy and full coverage. 

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - What I'm using currently. Isn't super full coverage but it does the job and its cheap. Comparable to Nars Radiant Concealer. 

6 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

Tarte Shape Tape

Shape Tape is soooooo full coverage, though, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone new to makeup. Definitely one of the best out there, but it's a lot to handle, to say the very least.

Adding to the concealer discussion:

I would recommend NARS Radiant Creamy over Shape Tape since that's what I began with (that shit makes me luminous, it is my foundation most days) but I don't know if I can in good faith recommend NARS products any more. If that doesn't bother you, I guess :idk: but it should

I like the Cover FX creamy concealer right now, I bought it when I got the Custom Enhancer drops and it's not amazing under my eyes (goddammit RIP my Touche Eclat) but it does well with blemishes.

It's so bloody hard being a cruelty free consumer, I'm using the last of my NARS right now and I'm sooooo sad to let go of this mfing concealer. My bank probably likes it because I have to spend so much less on makeup because every damn company is expanding to China, though.

Thanks so much for the help girls!!!!

are there specifically non-pore clogging (non-comedogenic) concealers?

I'm near a Shieshido/MAC.  Not sure if there's an Ultra nearby.  

I'm googling all the products you recommended and learning about them.

I think I will probably try to get a skin tone match by a representative and then experiment with the drugstore brands first

On 7/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, everyboulevard said:

Non-comedogenic I'd have to say Clinique. I have no experience with their concealers though. 

I went to a Shisedo store and the makeup ladies helped me.  I bought one.  The concealers are apparently non-comedogenic but sometimes I don't fully trust labels!

Thanks everybody! s-l225.jpg

• 3 months later...

Can we talk about how Rihanna's foundation is just about the best thing to ever happen?! Tried a sample out today and it is amazing! Great finish, a little product goes a long way (you get a lot of product in the bottle too) and its only like $30! Recommend any makeup lovers here try it! 

Everyboulevard has already heard me bitch about this several times, but I LOATHE the Fenty Foundation. It's literally the worst foundation I've ever put on my skin. :rofl:  And I generally gravitate towards matte foundations, but Fenty was terrible to blend out for me, oxidized horribly, didn't wear well throughout the day, and accentuated all the texture in my skin. I've tried it 4 or 5 different times, with brushes, sponges, with and without the Fenty primer, etc and it doesn't work for me no matter what I do with it. 

I also bought the gloss from her line, and it's pretty enough, but honestly, go buy a drugstore gloss and save your coins. It's nothing spectacular, and it smells like the Lipsmackers I would buy when I was nine. If you wanna splurge, get a Buxom gloss for the same price, and you'll be so much happier. 

I love the foundation! I don't have much to cover and I think I just really like the finish on it. (Matte, with a hint of sheen/dewyness?). It definitely isn't full coverage I'll give you that. And the more you blend it out the patchier it gets. But you just have to continue to work it. 

I got several compliments on my skin the first day I wore it which was pretty cool. 

• 2 weeks later...

20% Off Sale started today- anyone have any products they're eyeing or planning to restock on during the sale? I bought a couple Bite lip products last night, and am planning on getting some cleanser and moisturizer once I do a little more research. Also planning on picking up some Colourpop now that Sephora is carrying it so I won't have to pay for international shipping, although I believe it's excluded from the 20% off. 

On 20/10/2017 at 6:21 AM, toodarnhot said:

Everyboulevard has already heard me bitch about this several times, but I LOATHE the Fenty Foundation. It's literally the worst foundation I've ever put on my skin. :rofl:  And I generally gravitate towards matte foundations, but Fenty was terrible to blend out for me, oxidized horribly, didn't wear well throughout the day, and accentuated all the texture in my skin. I've tried it 4 or 5 different times, with brushes, sponges, with and without the Fenty primer, etc and it doesn't work for me no matter what I do with it. 

I also bought the gloss from her line, and it's pretty enough, but honestly, go buy a drugstore gloss and save your coins. It's nothing spectacular, and it smells like the Lipsmackers I would buy when I was nine. If you wanna splurge, get a Buxom gloss for the same price, and you'll be so much happier. 

Fenty foundation feels the same as the Catrice's HD but worse. I have both but I never seem to blend fenty's well enough to cover, it always looks awfull. Also, the highlighters are kind of hard to work with. I have the Killawatt and the softest side doesn't even show up in my skin and the more intense one is always too much. I feel like when the hype dies, everybody will see how overrated it was to begin with

8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Fenty foundation feels the same as the Catrice's HD but worse. I have both but I never seem to blend fenty's well enough to cover, it always looks awfull. Also, the highlighters are kind of hard to work with. I have the Killawatt and the softest side doesn't even show up in my skin and the more intense one is always too much. I feel like when the hype dies, everybody will see how overrated it was to begin with

Preach.

I’m so glad I got the deluxe sample from Sephora instead of spending my money on the full sized. 

Just now, toodarnhot said:

Preach.

I’m so glad I got the deluxe sample from Sephora instead of spending my money on the full sized. 

Don't tell me about it :sad: I regret it a little. The lipgloss is actually really nice if you're into lipglosses

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why, but the Fenty Foundation just works hella good on my skin. I find it to be a really good deal for the amount of product you get too. 

My go to is the Lancome stick foundation, but it's pretty expensive and the product doesn't go a long way. If you go to Yonkers they are having some hella good deals on makeup purchases. My mom bought a Lancome gift set for $65 and it included 2 full size mascaras (pretty sure those are already $25 a piece) plus a full sized makeup remover, two lipsticks, two lip gloss's, 2 mini eye shadow pallet's (ehh) and a sample perfume. Plus it comes in a large black tote with a tassel and is super cute!

Pretty sure all the other brands in Yonkers like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, etc. are doing similar gift box's. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any opinions on Morphe eyeshadow pallets? I know every beauty youtuber raves about Morphe pallets but they are all getting hella commission so I'm not sure :laugh: But they look decent and the price point is nice. Anybody tried them? 

I've been really into purple makeup lately. I've been looking for a rich bright purple eyeshadow. I already have some deep purples/plumbs and am looking for something with a bit more pop. I have brown eyes and blonde hair and purple is just my color :heart: 

There's a store near me that actually carries Morphe, and they felt like chalk to me. :/ The colour payoff wasn't awesome either, and that was with finger swatches. I think for the price point they're not awful but I personally wouldn't recommend them. 

I'm also not a huge fan of them just basically private labeling Crown brushes and marking them up insanely. 

I'd check out Make Up Geek for a good purple! 

17 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

There's a store near me that actually carries Morphe, and they felt like chalk to me. :/ The colour payoff wasn't awesome either, and that was with finger swatches. I think for the price point they're not awful but I personally wouldn't recommend them. 

I'm also not a huge fan of them just basically private labeling Crown brushes and marking them up insanely. 

I'd check out Make Up Geek for a good purple! 

My mother has a Crown eyeshadow pallet and I liked the formula on most of the shades. It was huge and for the pricepoint was worth it for the shades that worked. I am most interested in the Morphe Plum pallet, if not soley for the purples. $20 for this many shades just seems like such a good deal:

https://www.morphebrushes.com/collections/eyeshadow-palettes/products/35p-35-color-plum-eyeshadow-palette

I saw a beauty guru I like say that a lot of Morphe pallets are hit and miss but was very impressed with the purples in this pallet with how pigmented they were. So I might try that one just to test Morphe and get some purples in my collection. Apparently the Jaclyn Hill pallet is pretty good too. 

Any recommendations from make up geek?

I can't speak on their makeup but just from the brushes I own alone, my opinion on Morphe is just meh. Hit and miss. 

I will always vouch for makeup geek though! It's made in my state so I'm extra proud of it lol but yeah makeup geek is such great quality for an affordable price point. Marlena hasn't really done palettes yet, but you can definitely do the single shadows and from my understanding, they're as good, if not better, than MAC shadows. MUG is also why MAC had to lower their single shadows down to $6/pan. I haven't tried them yet because I have a few palettes I want to get through before building my own palette, but nothing but excellent reviews on MUG shadows. 

Also recommend their blushes. They reworked the formula so they're a bit more sheer than the original formula (which is what I have) but they're definitely quality products still. I have two and when I finally hit pan on them, I'm definitely going back for a third. 

Yeah I might just have to try something from Makeup Geek. Are they only available online or do any makeup/drug stores carry the brand?

The Kylie Cosmetics Purple pallete looks like something I might want. Her eyeshadows are pretty good from what I've seen and the pans are a decent size. And it's only $42 for 9 shades. When you divide that up that's only $4.60 a shadow which is pretty good. :closedeyes: 

https://www.kyliecosmetics.com/products/purple-palette-kyshadow