Bellazon

General Discussion

Marvin

According to the Italian magazine, Grazia, it looks like Petra is single again.  

"It is a war machine." I repeat it assistants, makeup artists, hair stylists and, in a design hotel on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, expect the Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova end to pose for the service of these pages. "Never seen a star more professional, punctual and meticulous about her," I say. Blonde, top, front of the lens the "war machine" shows sexy but also witty, discovers the endless legs and changes look with flicks and confident wearing Chopard jewelry with evident pleasure, the mark of which is an ambassador. No downtime, never a bad move. 're Done shooting, I pray that he still smiling a little 'patience: "I eat something, then I'll be all over her for the interview."

Want to know what is the standard of meal-a supermodel? Cubes of feta, avocado slices, green tea. Continues to smile. It seems to me incredible that this beautiful woman, an international symbol of glamor and loved in the past by American actor Sean Penn, has behind it a terrible experience of pain and death.

Born and raised in communist Czechoslovakia and escaped a fate free horizons, Petra is now a survivor. In 2004, already famous as a model, was on holiday in Thailand when the tsunami swept away 230,000 lives.Invested in full by the wave killer, clung to a tree and escaped with a huge shock and some fracture. But the boyfriend, British photographer Simon Atlee, taken right before his eyes, did not make it: his body was found three months later.

"Once healed, I realized that I had only one way to repay with fate: I had to help the less fortunate," she tells the model, her eyes fill with tears. I was moved as I speak charitable organization she founded, Happy Hearts Fund ( happyheartsfund.org ), and his work as a globetrotter of solidarity was in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, to Haiti to help the victims of the earthquake of 2010 and after this interview will fly to Indonesia to follow a humanitarian project. Who gives her strength? "Love is the feeling that guides my life," he replies without hesitation. But a boyfriend for now do not have it: the story archived with Penn, which was developed in two stages between 2008 and 2012 (now the star is in love with the actress Charlize Theron, ed ), Petra broke even with the last companion, the British actor Jamie Belman. "Today I am very busy with work," is justified.

http://www.grazia.it/magazine/interviste/Petra-Nemcova-Niente-accade-per-caso

• 1 month later...

Interesting way in which Petra's Happy Hearts charity works.  Unfortunately, not very flattering to her or the Clintons.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-dollar500000-for-his-foundation/ar-BBknypd

The whole purpose of the article was to go after the Clintons.  Unfortunately, her charity was caught in the crossfire by a disgruntled ex-employee.  That doesn't mean Happy Hearts hasn't done good work.  They have helped many children through out the world, and shouldn't be penalize for wanting to help more.  

Bransa, it is true that her charity has done some good work.  However the measure of any charity is how much of the money raised goes directly to programs.  Generally, a well run charity is around 75%.  According to Charitynavigator, an independent group that evaluates the financials and tax documents of charities, Happy Hearts Fund is at 69%.  We cannot dismiss the good Petra's charity has done, but it has come at the expense of high administrative/operating costs.  This article shows partly why her operating costs are high: she made a very expensive donation to Bill Clinton's foundation.  While I agree that the article was mainly about the Clintons and their financial dealings, Petra and her foundation were swept up in it.  Anyway, she was a willing participant in this charade.

Bransa, it is true that her charity has done some good work.  However the measure of any charity is how much of the money raised goes directly to programs.  Generally, a well run charity is around 75%.  According to Charitynavigator, an independent group that evaluates the financials and tax documents of charities, Happy Hearts Fund is at 69%.  We cannot dismiss the good Petra's charity has done, but it has come at the expense of high administrative/operating costs.  This article shows partly why her operating costs are high: she made a very expensive donation to Bill Clinton's foundation.  While I agree that the article was mainly about the Clintons and their financial dealings, Petra and her foundation were swept up in it.  Anyway, she was a willing participant in this charade.

The $500,000 that was given to the Clinton Foundation from Happy Hearts was supposed to be use for projects in Haiti.  If it was or not, is unknown.  But the intention was there to re-direct the money to the country that was being honored that night.  According to Charity Navigator, the administrative expense is 9%, which is normal for a charity that size.    

Also, the part I find interesting that everyone is over-looking, is Fox News has reported that the ex-executive director, Sue Veres Royal, was issued a cease-and-desist for violating a confidentially agreement for her comments to NYT.  She has also recently written an article for Huffington Post criticizing charities that cater to the rich.  It seems to me like Susan is being vindictive and still holding a grudge for being fired.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm looking for some high res photos of Petra but i can't find them anywhere.

An example:

post-18001-0-52424800-1370273252.png

The size of this photo is 399x493. I tried Google images but it gives 0 results. Where i can find a bigger version of this photo? By bigger i mean at least FHD resolution.

Can someone help me with this?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...