Bellazon

Twin Peaks

Michael*

TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg

Twin Peaks is an American serial drama television series created by Mark Frost and David Lynch that premiered on April 8, 1990, on ABC. It was one of the top-rated series of 1990, but declining ratings led to its cancellation after its second season in 1991. It nonetheless gained a cult following and has been referenced in a wide variety of media. In subsequent years, Twin Peaks has often been listed among the greatest television series of all time.

The series follows an investigation headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) in the fictional town of Twin Peaks, Washington. The narrative draws on elements of crime drama, but its uncanny tone, supernatural elements, and campy, melodramatic portrayal of eccentric characters also draw on American soap opera and horror tropes. Like much of Lynch's work, it is distinguished by surrealism and offbeat humor, as well as distinctive cinematography. The show's acclaimed score was composed by Angelo Badalamenti in collaboration with Lynch.

Twin Peaks was followed by a 1992 feature film, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, that serves as a prequel to the television series. In October 2014, Showtime announced that the show would return as a limited series. Also known as Twin Peaks: The Return, the limited series premiered on May 21, 2017, and was written by Lynch and Frost and directed by Lynch. Many original cast members, including MacLachlan, returned.

Cast

Kyle MacLachlan - Special Agent Dale Cooper

Michael Ontkean - -Sheriff Harry S. Truman

Mädchen Amick - Shelly Johnson

Dana Ashbrook - Bobby Briggs

Richard Beymer - Benjamin Horne

Lara Flynn Boyle - Donna Hayward

Sherilyn Fenn - Audrey Horne

Warren Frost - Dr. Will Hayward

Peggy Lipton - Norma Jennings

James Marshall - James Hurley

Everett McGill - Ed Hurley

Jack Nance - Pete Martell

Ray Wise - Leland Palmer

Joan Chen - Jocelyn Packard

Piper Laurie - Catherine Martell

Kimmy Robertson - Lucy Moran

I've seen bits and pieces in the past, but overall, I remain something of a novice in the ways of Twin Peaks. Although I'm hoping to change that soon, with the plan being to work my way through the old episodes before starting on the new ones.

Any new or longstanding fans out there?

• 4 years later...

I saw it 2 times, in adult years. I eas a child when it was on the tv. It was 2017, january. I really like it, I will see again. It is very fascinated, fantasy, cruel stories, anothers, nicer, different people. The 3 season is very chaothic too, but interesting. But I waited more, more from that end.