Bellazon

The Rise and Fall of Medal of Honor

Cult Icon

For the longest time, I was under the impression that Allied Assault was actually the first Medal of Honor game. I didn't realise there were installments for the PS1 beforehand. :blush:

Generally speaking though, I find that I can only get properly immersed in a first person shooter if they do something really interesting with the story, a la Bioshock or Half Life. Overall, I think it's a taste that I've yet to acquire. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Michael* said:

For the longest time, I was under the impression that Allied Assault was actually the first Medal of Honor game. I didn't realise there were installments for the PS1 beforehand. :blush:

Generally speaking though, I find that I can only get properly immersed in a first person shooter if they do something really interesting with the story, a la Bioshock or Half Life. Overall, I think it's a taste that I've yet to acquire. :laugh:

With WW2 games, for me and what I've noticed is that it ties heavily with actual interest in studying WW2.  I can see connections in these games to history.   My favorite shooter is Red Orchestra 2's multiplayer because it has the best balance between realism (equipment, maps, body movement) and gameplay.

The Call of Duty franchise is very much the "child" of Medal of Honor's original development team.  The DNA is there.