Bellazon

Cowboy Bebop

Enrico_sw

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

What’s your take on John Cho in the role by of I'm not optimistic about it. 

I have a bad feeling about the whole project to be honest.

I don't know much about John Cho, except that he was the "Kobe lobster" guy in an episode of HIMYM (wich was really good!) and that he was in JJ Abrams' Trek (which was visually great and but very poor in terms of writing - but that's what JJ does all the time, he copy/pastes an old scenario and weakens it)

On 2/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I have a bad feeling about the whole project to be honest.

... and that he was in JJ Abrams' Trek (which was visually great and but very poor in terms of writing - but that's what JJ does all the time, he copy/pastes an old scenario and weakens it)

Hubs and I both agree with these as well. 

I just can’t put faith in something that is “live actioning” some Anime that is beloved to the fans for the sake of making it. 

The only live action Anime that worked Very Well was Yamato. They respected the work, knew the were not going to do a sequel so they threw everything into one movie. Hubs is a huge Yamato fan from long days gone by and if he loved the live action movie, it means something was done right. (Except for the Gamelans, they were different)