Bellazon

What do you appreciate more in a guy?

midnight lady

What do you appreciate more in a guy?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What do you appreciate more in a guy?

• Kindness
    • Happiness
    • Carefulness
    • Looks
    • Body
    • Mysteri
    • Or somthing else (what)

It's kindness for me, too. Happiness would probably come second because it is no fun being with a person who is constantly moping in their depression.

To the guys who've been turned down for being "too kind": it is possible that this could be a nice way of them saying you act like a doormat. For example, you never think of yourself and are always trying to please them. I know that many people do this thinking they are being nice, but it can come across as being pathetic and needy to the person they are trying to please. I am not saying that anyone here is literally pathetic and needy, but that is how others can perceive you to be and that is why it is important to figure out how to be nice without being a push-over.

Well.. gotta report something. I'm not proud of it and it's not nice to know, BUT: I've tried it out for about 5 days - here in Neumarkt - not being kind at all, but being very selfish, highly arrogant and with lots of sayings like "don't need a woman, got a lot of problems, don't need one more"...

You all know that it's not the way I am or the way I like being - but surprisingly it helps. It really helps a lot. Girls here were much more interested in me, they smiled more, they hugged more and there were more girls talking to me..

I guess this is just a sick town. I don't want to be in a surrounding that actually promotes selfishness and that stupid kind of behaviour. I prefer being a little bit nicer but to be liked by that bunch of childish beings.

Well.. gotta report something. I'm not proud of it and it's not nice to know, BUT: I've tried it out for about 5 days - here in Neumarkt - not being kind at all, but being very selfish, highly arrogant and with lots of sayings like "don't need a woman, got a lot of problems, don't need one more"...

You all know that it's not the way I am or the way I like being - but surprisingly it helps. It really helps a lot. Girls here were much more interested in me, they smiled more, they hugged more and there were more girls talking to me..

I guess this is just a sick town. I don't want to be in a surrounding that actually promotes selfishness and that stupid kind of behaviour. I prefer being a little bit nicer but to be liked by that bunch of childish beings.

We are weirds, aren't we? I mean, the girl. I think we are stupids in that sense.. we should like those nice and smiling boys, but no, we tend to look at those boys who are not nice, arrogant, selfish, etc.. or at least that's me!

Responding as a girl, I have to say that I do feel attracted to boys not-so-nice and stuff because I'd be prepared for any surprises in the future if you get what I mean. Bcause with a too kind and a too nice guy I've had not so nice surprises... but it will be my bad to generalize, won't it?

I think you're not doing a big bad, then you can show the real you when you really like a girl :kiss:

• 1 month later...
I agree. :wub:

Bad boys suck. They always break your heart :cry2:

thats so damnnn rite...ive been out wit a "bad Boy' for abt a year...but u guys betta dnt ask for the end :|:|

wat i really like at a Boy is kindness of course...i want him to care abt me...n his look too... :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
Where's the intelligence option? Or do brains not matter?

yeah seriously

Where's the intelligence option? Or do brains not matter?

Sure brains matter. But seriously, you wouldn't go with a guy just cuz "he's so smart" or "he's the reincarnation of einstein." I wouldn't do that to myself: imagine going with a guy who has twice your brain capacity (in my case a neutron)? I am annoyed by dumb guys but in this scenario I'd be the dumb one in comparisation and that would freak me out at one point.

Besides, there's not much about brains when he doesn't have the rest. I knew someone like that once. He was so intelligent; best of our class and he prolly went to the university straight after school. But he was SO boring.

Talking about black holes in the universe that fascinated him because *insert load of difficult words here* and more stuff along those lines. He thought math was the easiest thing ever. Yet he couldn't socialize. :ninja:

Um but you can say the same thing about most of these qualities can't you? :unsure: Going out with a guy "just cuz 'he's so smart'" is no different from going out with a guy "just cuz he's hot."

Just to clarify, I think your argument makes sense...for YOU. I'm not arguing for or against your personal opinion on the matter of intelligence in a guy. I just don't think it's necessarily a reason for not including intelligence in this poll :p

I have to agree with Headhuntaz here.

I have been told to my face by multiple girls that I was "too nice", which is why they wouldn't date/sleep with me. I've had a terrible time trying to avoid being locked in the "friend zone". So I have to know: do you girls really go for kindness, or are you just saying that?

:idk:

That reminds me of an interview with a Belgian stand-up comedian. The female interviewer asked him if he had a lot of female admirers, being a nice and funny guy.

He said that all those women who claim they just want a nice guy who can make them laugh fail to mention that they also want mr. funnypants to have a perfect body. :D

BTW, I am sometimes puzzled by women's tastes. I have this great friend, who is now doing his internship on an ER, after having completed medical school.

He is the nicest guy in the world. Seriously. Anyone of his friends could go over to him for help with anything and he would do whatever he could to help you out.

If you asked our group who is the most trustworthy person among us, he would probably be mentioned first by everyone.

So he's smart and he's nice, easy-going and very sociable (he was the vice-president of his fraternity for a while).

He's also not bad-looking by any means. (One of the girls I co-rented a house with during my uni years said he looked like a dark-haired Ryan Philippe, but that's besides the point).

Anyway, despite all that, not only is he STILL single, he even has trouble getting dates... Seriously, one of the greatest mysteries to me and my friends is figuring out why he is still single. It's not that he doesn't want to find a girlfriend, it's pretty much become his quest in life for the past two years. Yet for as long as I've know him, he always has struggled getting girlfriends (I've known him for a little over five and a half years now, and he has had ONE girlfriend in that entire time, and that only lasted six months).

Now could someone explain to me why he is still single? I know at least half a dozen drunk dead-beats who weren't sober for a single day in college and left the place without any degree and they were and are worshipped by dozens of girls. What am I missing here?

It's kindness for me, too. Happiness would probably come second because it is no fun being with a person who is constantly moping in their depression.

To the guys who've been turned down for being "too kind": it is possible that this could be a nice way of them saying you act like a doormat. For example, you never think of yourself and are always trying to please them. I know that many people do this thinking they are being nice, but it can come across as being pathetic and needy to the person they are trying to please. I am not saying that anyone here is literally pathetic and needy, but that is how others can perceive you to be and that is why it is important to figure out how to be nice without being a push-over.

The "you're too nice, and I think of you as a friend" routine is nothing but a euphimism for "you're too ugly for me to date you, but I wouldn't mind taking advantage of your kindness some more in the future".

• 2 months later...