Bellazon

The 2007 Sport Illustrated Swimsuit discussion

anna89

By now I would think that the mag scans would be easy to find on the net, but I can't find the complete set. I can only find the Marissa Miller scans and a sample or 2 of each of the other models. And I still can't find any of Veronica Varekova...maybe she didn't even appear in the actual magazine...

Pages: 180, 183, and 188

By now I would think that the mag scans would be easy to find on the net, but I can't find the complete set. I can only find the Marissa Miller scans and a sample or 2 of each of the other models. And I still can't find any of Veronica Varekova...maybe she didn't even appear in the actual magazine...

You wouldn't by any chance have scans of those pages, would you?

Alright, my last try....does anyone have scans of Veronica Varekova from the magazine? (not the website pics)

They are all 3D edited, so even if I did scan them they would look horrible.

Outraged Sports Illustrated readers are flooding the SI offices with angry phone calls and emails demanding subscription cancellations. The furor erupted after Sports Illustrated's celebrated annual "Swimsuit Issue" hit the stands with Beyonce on the cover and an inside shot of a smug Kanye West gripping a models derriere.

Angry comments have been posted on this site as well as other blogs and message boards. "Is this the Swimsuit Issue or the Ghetto issue?" read one post. A source inside the SI mail room emailed me to say longtime subscribers are angry. "The calls are nonstop," she wrote. "Some of these guys have been subscribing to Sports Illustrated for years just so they can get the Swimsuit Issue before it hits the stands. This is like blasphemy to most of them who don't know who Beyonce or Kanye are."

A local newspaper reporter who asked not to be identified said, "So many women grew up identifying with the models in the Swimsuit Issue. They don't see themselves in Beyonce. SI has made a mockery of their core demographic with this issue."

So far, SI hasn't commented publicly on the complaints. But insiders say SI is discreetly emailing members of the mainstream media emphasizing the point that the Swimsuit Issue is a "Music Issue". But critics are asking how can it be both? "They should make up their minds," wrote one angry poster on a sports-related board. SI can cancel my subscription!" http://eurweb.com/story/eur31539.cfm

this sounds like a bunch of racist bull shit "Is this the Swimsuit Issue or the Ghetto issue?"...what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Im sorry but you people are a bunch of racists. You have no appreciation for women with curves. It makes me sick this is supposed to be the millenium everyone is supposed to be equall and all the threads with any length are for white girls. This was a really good issue...the 3D...the locaitions, the shots with girls with rockstars and the vintage painted tee's. a parot sanctuary, a dedication to the brazilians....its brilliant. If i was a model i would of killed to be shot in Elvis Presley's house. Kanye West is an amazing artist. And music is just a general theme they used. They could of still applied it regardless of beyonce because its a smart concept. I bet if it was scarlet johanssen all the "guys" who read it wouldnt be complaining.

have some love.

This makes me just sick.

I just hate Beyonce. Nothing to do with curvy women. She's TOO curvy just like models like Vlada R. and Snejana are TOO skinny. I personally LOVE Tyra Banks' body aswell as Halle Berry's. Beyonce is so full of herself and really I just can't stand her. Nothing to do with racism.

The most ridiculous part of that article was this:

Some of these guys have been subscribing to Sports Illustrated for years just so they can get the Swimsuit Issue before it hits the stands.

Give me a break! Who in the hell subscribes to SI just for the swimsuit issue? I doubt they've received a lot of emails. I think the vast majority of the subscribers couldn't care less.

An urgent warning has been issued by the Health Department, warning the star-studded crowd who attended the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party on Valentine's Day that they may have been exposed to acute hepatitis A. The list of possibly exposed guests: Beyonce Knowles, Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend Bar Rafaeli, and dozens of ridiculously hot bikini models.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed that an employee of Wolfgang Puck Catering was recently diagnosed with the disease, and has strongly urged anyone who attended the SI party, or any of the 13 other events catered by Puck between Feb. 1 - 20, to get an immune globulin shot by tomorrow to prevent illness.

When contacted, a rep from Puck's catering company would not tell TMZ which other events Puck catered, nor would they reveal how many other people may have been exposed to the illness. They did say, however, that no one who attended Sunday's Governor's Ball at the Academy Awards is at risk.

A rep for Beyonce told TMZ that they "were looking into it."

• 2 months later...

This most definitely should be preserved for posterity...

Outraged Sports Illustrated readers are flooding the SI offices with angry phone calls and emails demanding subscription cancellations. The furor erupted after Sports Illustrated's celebrated annual "Swimsuit Issue" hit the stands with Beyonce on the cover and an inside shot of a smug Kanye West gripping a models derriere.

Angry comments have been posted on this site as well as other blogs and message boards. "Is this the Swimsuit Issue or the Ghetto issue?" read one post. A source inside the SI mail room emailed me to say longtime subscribers are angry. "The calls are nonstop," she wrote. "Some of these guys have been subscribing to Sports Illustrated for years just so they can get the Swimsuit Issue before it hits the stands. This is like blasphemy to most of them who don't know who Beyonce or Kanye are."

A local newspaper reporter who asked not to be identified said, "So many women grew up identifying with the models in the Swimsuit Issue. They don't see themselves in Beyonce. SI has made a mockery of their core demographic with this issue."

So far, SI hasn't commented publicly on the complaints. But insiders say SI is discreetly emailing members of the mainstream media emphasizing the point that the Swimsuit Issue is a "Music Issue". But critics are asking how can it be both? "They should make up their minds," wrote one angry poster on a sports-related board. SI can cancel my subscription!" http://eurweb.com/story/eur31539.cfm

Though I am sure the poster did not know it, this is the kind of fake editorial that those who hate blogs and newspapers love to spread.

I'd like to see vv. Beyonce doesn't do it for me. I get a big kick out of the guitar, and Jimmy Buffet, and think the music issue is better than past years' bikini issue.

• 2 months later...
I am. She looks like a tank. She has gross thick thighs and her pictures weren't even good. She's not an athlete or a model and this probably doesn't even mean much to her. Bar's shoot and Marissa's shoot (the only ones I have really seen so far) aswell as Selita's were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than this. Not only that but Beyonce is so overrated anyway. She can't sing and when she dances she looks like she's having a seizure. It just made me so mad because it's like models are gone. I mean when was the last time you saw a model on US Vogue? They let Jennifer Hudson looking like crap be on the cover and like she's a reality tv reject. Seriously it's horrible. It just makes me so mad. They're probably going to let actresses and dingers and other overrated celebrities be in VSFS soon. Like it wouldn't even surprise me.

Very very late response but I agree with you. How could they let Jennifer Hudson be on the cover of Vogue. Vogue is a fashion institution, a bible to most being on the cover means you have to had some sort of influence, or great style. Just because Andre took her shopping to Oscar De La Renta and put some Manolo Blahniks on her she suddenly can be on the cover? Then let's get Britiney Spears on the cover once were done with her makeover. <_< IT might have been oscar season, but what about Cate, or Penelope? They are easily some of the best dressed, elegant, refined, talented, gorgeous, etc. Women out there and Jennifer got the cover? I mean honestly wtf? Well to put it simple: American Vogue SUCKS! :avada: Imo, Anna has a huge stick stuck up her arse. If it wasn't for her current selection of models i.e: Hilary, Doutzen, Raquel, Lily. I would stop reading that damn issue all together. I can't wait till she drops over dead in her fabulous mink coat and Carine steps in with her Louboutins clicking and clacking on Condé Nast's NY headqaurters floors. Or Franca for that matter, with a fabulous Fendi Python bag.

Okay hmm...that's all. :blush:

• 8 years later...